Help me buy a new guitar!

You can always make your own custom made guitar from parts (eg Warmoth).
For $1000 you can buy a nice body (your wood selection) with all the cavities/contours you want, a nice neck with the wood you want and then add a bridge, pickups and find a good technician to put it all together.
Only disadvantage is that you won't get any real resale value (if you care about such things).
I've built a superstrat warmoth and I've been really happy with it (cost me about $1200). It has an alder body with quilt maple top, 22 s/s frets birdseye maple standard thin neck, floyd rose original with big brass block trem and evh d-tuna and a pair of BK VHII humbuckers.

Thanks Slectronpirate for your coments! The problem is I do not know what direction I want to go.
I have LP studio and a 90s Ibanez custom 540S both sound great. I was thinking about selling the Ibanez and nice HSH to cover alot of different styles.
I had not thought about a Strat until it was suggested earlier. I play Rock and U2 style music with only a little blues style on occasion.
Thanks again everyone!

There are so many flavors of guitars so asking a general "which guitar" question is like asking what car you should buy without saying anything about how you drive, where you drive, if you need big luggage, safety, if you like to drive fast etc...

Go out to some shops, spend a few days trying out everything you can. You will get a feel for what you want. Don't worry so much about brand, looks or tone in the beginning, pickups can easily be swapped for change of tone. Care about feel, tone and sustain in the guitar without being connected to amp.
I would say used guitars are often best bang for the buck. Many used guitars are often in surprisingly good shape, and are "played in". A new guitar straight from the factory might need a real setup after a few months as it adjust to humidity and temperature in your home.

I myself have found the 88-90 Peavey Vandenberg to be right up my alley. It's prefect for me. I have other guitars and have tested everything under the sun, but I always go back to the Vandy... It's a great feeling to have a guitar you know really well, it also cures gas since I know I probably won't find anything that's better, for me that is!

EBMM Axis. Great guitars, consistent build quality, Made in USA. VERY reasonably priced and you can find mint ones used for around $1K.

I'm looking for a new axe as well. I have the strat and tele territory covered. I've read good things about carvin guitars and they have me intrigued. I wish I could afford a lifeson axcess but carvin could build me a similar ax for a lot less money. Not sure I would like the carvin pickups but that would be an easy fix. There is also a reliced strat that I would like to have as it is the last one of its kind to cross the bench at fender and it feels like an old friend. Anyway, not sure I helped but for what it's worth I'm in the same boat as you and don't really know what I'm gonna do. I just like guitars!!

Vinai ( guitarholy ) on this forum plays guitars made by the relatively new shop " Thanakorn Guitars " they have a page at http://www.facebook.com/tkguitars?ref=ts&fref=ts and from his videos they look and sound fantastic
Would love to try one out someday !

Pretty. Made in Thailand. Very pretty indeed.

But we can't possibly endorse a manufacturer that's showing a K####r on his pictures, can we?

:D :lol :D ;)

Too bad my Santa's list is covered for the next couple of decades...

i would build a custom Warmoth. in fact im considering it as we speak and i had $1000 for about my budget so there you go.

You can get a Fireman for under a grand. And the single coil dimarzio's sound great through the AXE 2

Back
Top Bottom