Help in getting the Plate Reverb sound of the BOSS IR2

YOGA64

Inspired
My new BOSS IR2 pedal gets a GREAT plate reverb sound,

I would like to duplicate it in my FM3, but so far I haven't been able to match it, tried the different Plate reverbs, messed with a few parameters, etc..

Would some kind soul give me a helping hand?

I would be forever grateful...... :)

I think the experts will ask for sound examples and/or a list of the parameter settings -- or does it just have one sound?

Boss multi-fx and modeler reverbs have been historically gross to my ears. The 200 series and standalone pedals have fans most definitely. There is no universe I would pick them over FAS ever though.

Hopefully you'll get the updated and new Reverb algorithms in the FM3 soon.

I don't know what the one you're asking about sounds like but the new Gold Plate type has become my new favorite on FM9 and Axe Fx III.

I'm not saying it is "better" or anything like that.

I just like it, and would like to get close to it with my FM3........ :)

Last edited:
What do you like about it compared to the reverbs on the FM3? There's a lot you can do with the Fractal reverbs but it can be hard to get them sounding like something entirely different. A clip would definitely help with suggestions.

Ok, for anyone who might be interested, here it is, really close to my ears :)

It is a free preset by Leon Todd that I lightly modified, thanks to Leon for the heavy lifting.....🤟

Attachments

• Boss IR-2 Gold Foil Plate_20240311_170957.blk
    730 bytes · Views: 24
I would take a stab at helping you find your new favorite FA plate reverb sound, lol. I doubt many of us on this fractal audio forum have the BOSS IR2 to try out the (i'm assuming here) reverb block? you provided.

Any chance you could capture an audio clip of your tone playing through the BOSS gold foil reverb that you like? and then however you capture it, a second capture of the Fractal plate reverb. that you're not happy with?

I've helped many players in Nashville build and/or dial in their rigs and have a number of "tricks" that will help what you're hearing that have nothing to do with the actual reverb block.
Feel free to hit me up! 🤘

What I posted is a reverb block of my own Fractal FM3,

its sound is really close to the Boss IR-2 plate reverb, I'm sorry but I cannot really record anything unfortunately..... :(

Try one of the plate types with the reverb EQ high cut turned up (8-10khz) and the echo density turned down, quality set to "economy"

Back
Top Bottom