Help! Guitar flutter on 9.1

Bidding War

Inspired
Sorry can't post the patch...will do when the new axe edit becomes available. Here is link showing the flutter ringing out..using a Godin bridge pickup set to single coil (does the same sound on my LP), 30tb with custom cab ir but it does it with the stock cabs as well. Would the new presets fix this? anyone else encounter this problem?

thanks,
-a

https://soundcloud.com/bidding-war/guitar-flutter

I'm on 9.01. pick attack set to 0 and using 7.0 presets I believe. The flutter happens on most every gain preset and you can definitely hear it more using the bridge/single coil pickup configuration on my LGXT but happens on my LP as well.

It doesn't happen with 8.xx? It sounds to me like something is out of tune and then settles in. Does it do it with a different guitar?

ok. so it is definitely not a problem with the axe. new presets sound killer. I guess there is something wrong with my Godin...does the same flutter on axe, tube amp, and scuffham, fuck. well I'm glad its not the axe. weird thing is, it only does is on a couple of chords. anyone ever have an issue with this on a guitar with a tremolo? I checked the intonation and adjusted it...still a little flutter.

ok. so it is definitely not a problem with the axe. new presets sound killer. I guess there is something wrong with my Godin...does the same flutter on axe, tube amp, and scuffham, fuck. well I'm glad its not the axe. weird thing is, it only does is on a couple of chords. anyone ever have an issue with this on a guitar with a tremolo? I checked the intonation and adjusted it...still a little flutter.

Go to the tuner on the axe fx and play the open low E string. If it jumps more than a couple cents when you strike it, something is wrong with the trem or the neck joint. On solid bridge guitars, it's almost always a neck joint issue. I've seen this on $100 guitars and I've seen it on $3000 guitars. Godin guitars usually have really solid joints.

I'd start by changing the strings, actually. Sometimes strings have weird hitches or mis-winds in them that can cause this to happen. I thought my BRJ was all screwed up and guess what? It ended up being the new DR strings I put on. Changed them out - bam. All better.

If, after that point, you are still having problems time to see a tech.

Yes, this happens to me on any guitar, any amp, AXE, etc. IF I have my ceiling fan on in my room... weird f**king thing and I can't stand it, so I always have to turn off my ceiling fan if I want to avoid that annoying warble in my guitar....

If you're sure your guitar is all set up, try a different room, even if you don't have a fan... you might be getting some weird electrical signals affecting your sh*t.

I'm on 9.01. pick attack set to 0 and using 7.0 presets I believe. The flutter happens on most every gain preset and you can definitely hear it more using the bridge/single coil pickup configuration on my LGXT but happens on my LP as well.

I have the same guitar and I don't have any problem with it.

Is it a 3 pickup guitar? Single coils? Getting ,single coils too close to the strings will get much wierdness of that nature going on too?

It could also be some kind of interference from playing too close to an electronic device/appliance. I remember once years ago, the high-E string on my guitar sounded really out of whack (had a weird, oscillating sound to it), so I naturally figured it had to be the string. I only had one pack of new strings (and no singles) and didn't really want to break the set up, but the strange sound was driving me crazing, so I reluctantly replaced it with a new one. After putting the string on and tuning it up, I began to play and the sound was still there. I finally figured out it was being caused my a rotary floor fan I had on in my room, close to where I was playing. As soon as I turned the fan off, the sound was gone.

I was then off to my local music shop to buy a single high-E string so I would again have a complete set, feeling pretty dumb the entire time. :(

Yes, this happens to me on any guitar, any amp, AXE, etc. IF I have my ceiling fan on in my room... weird f**king thing and I can't stand it, so I always have to turn off my ceiling fan if I want to avoid that annoying warble in my guitar....

If you're sure your guitar is all set up, try a different room, even if you don't have a fan... you might be getting some weird electrical signals affecting your sh*t.

I've dealt with the same thing,cieling fan that is , thoght i was just cracked or something!

Back
Top Bottom