Help getting ultra clean crystal clear tones

symphx

Fractal Fanatic
Knowing almost nothing about vintage or clean amps please help this high gainer with a top 5 list of totally clean clear crisp chime like amps and appropriate cabs if u please. Thank u

Fender Verb or Bassguy models are the classics. I'd go with some 2x12 cabs here, to avoid getting them to dark and bassy.
Shiver Clean is my alltime favorite for clean sounds, though. Keep the drive low and use some V30 cabs. Play with presence and bright switch for the sparkle.
You can get some convincing good clean sounds that crunch up a little with harder pick attack out of the JM45 (play with input trim here).

Edit: remember to crank the master volume for the non-MV amps.

Also remember to play with the Amp output EQ. Especially if you don't intent to switch your guitars a lot, this can make all the difference to prevent clean sounds from all "sounding the same".

and usa clean 1 through a 2x12 / v30 mix is nice.

experiment with the MBC after the cab if you want that real studio "sheen" and super-compressed sound

if you want an "airy" sound, try using the plex detune instead of reverb, with all four delay times set between 100 and 200ms, or pick a long reverb and reduce the decay time

add chorus or detune for richness, or you can try adding a phaser with very low mix for a touch of movement

it's also nice not to use a chorus, but to use a modulated delay instead...

There is also a dual clean on 154 which I really like and then search for studio clean on 254...both are pretty great too.

crap how did I get this in the ultra forum, I will repost in general axe 2, but the thoughts Im sure work.

Back
Top Bottom