HELP! Connecting Axe-Fx3 to Cubase 8

Sorry I haven't read the whole thread...
If you have KRK monitor do not connect the TRS and XLR at the same time or you won't hear anything.
Have you tried (probably have) changing the audio device in the Mac menu. ALT+F10/F11 and select it there. Then play some sound like an mp3.
That’s not the main issue, and this has already been addressed.

Am I the only person in the country who can't figure this out?

I know it's frustrating, but you're actually quite close to getting things to work. The key is you were able to get audio from your AxeFXIII to show activity in the system preferences sound input meter. That means the AxeFXIII and your USB connection are working just fine. That's important, so it might be worthwhile double checking to make sure that's still working properly.

Just in case you haven't already done so, be sure to press the reset button in the VST Audio System dialog, and reboot your mac and your axe fx.

The only other thing I can think of is: make sure you've got audio routed to a valid output device in cubase. If you don't, cubase won't process audio at all. Try dragging an audio file into a cubase project and make sure you can hear that play back properly.

Just read a post with a similar problem and it was solved by only unplugging from the wall the soundcard. Worth a try.

EDIT: it could be a compatibility problem between El Capitan and Cubase 8. Someone wrote that his same issue was solved by upgrading to Cubase 8.0.40...

Thx snail - I'm going to try this now. After that I'll try the idea about having the M-audio Profire powered off while I repeat the usual steps....although that won't be good news if it works as all of my other instruments (drums, mics, etc) are already working with the Profire.

!!!! Snail - you nailed it! The .40 upgrade seemed to work - I'm getting levels in the Cubase monitor and was able to record both wet and dry from the Axe in Cubase! Now, there is a latency situation and both the Axe3 ASIO driver and Axe-Edit have crashed several times - but this is awesome! I'm going to need to figure that out - as well as how to do the 'Aggregate Driver' thing - as I have the AxeFx (guitars), the Profire (drums, mics, etc) and a Kronos (keys) here...and any time you switch a driver, it remaps all the I/Os for the tracks you already have setup - but I'll work on that next...

A HUGE thx to Snail and everyone on here who has been helping trouble-shoot - - this forum rocks!!!

Check this video out making an aggregate device with an axe-II and a Saffire
But I would strongly recommend to get things up running with the AXE-III first to isolate problems.

Thanks Dongzo - I'm going to try this to see if I can create an aggregate Asio driver for the Axe-Fx + Profire + Kronos. I appreciate it!

I just googled something like « ASIO driver error+cubase 8 ». It looks like there are a lot of people having had this problem. And I also remember that Cubase 8 was regularly crashing on my Mac...

Back
Top Bottom