help! Can't get the axe II drivers to work correctly

Brick_top

Power User
Hi there

I have installed the axe-fx II drivers with the steps of the installer but I get some errors in the control panel.

axe-edit is working great.

when I click input channels I get this:

inputchannels.png

inputchannelsvolume.png

when I click firmware upgrade:

firmwareupgrade.png

There are some other areas that are greyed out.

No direct suggestions at this point (other than reinstall all stuff). Can you provide more info on your OS version of win, AXE, editor and all other useful stuff and Im sure some of the tech-wizards on this site can sort something out.

I would agree that the installing is not well enough explained *or* can behave differently on different systems. I'm not sure if mine are done right and I believe I have a lot of grayed out stuff. In a short test, I could record however.

There's some mention of like 2 warnings/installs you have to skip in the beginning, but I have one that comes after the install too. It gets confusing what to accept and what not... And if you have done it wrongly, where you can uninstall the wrong extra installs?

I have windows xp professional sp3.

I have the latest version of axe-edit and it is working correctly with the axe-fx II, (which I just updated to 5.01 with the axe-edit)

I have installed and re-installed the drivers 3 times now.

I tried removing them one time from the add/remove in the control panel, and another time removing the device from the device manager.

I'll state this [again] for the benefit of those reading this thread....

The USB driver functionality in the control panels has not been implemented. These "errors" you are getting have no impact on the USB interface functionality. There's nothing you can control from the control panel anyway. Anything you see in there is for information purposes only. If the screens are blank, you are not connected to the Axe-II. It's that simple.

Minimize the control panel - you will not need to open it again - and go play with AxeEdit and your Axe.

Last edited:
oh ok... I'm sorry I missed that info.

So is there anywhere I can search how to record and listen to the axe in my computer?

oh ok... I'm sorry I missed that info.

So is there anywhere I can search how to record and listen to the axe in my computer?
NP :) YEs, the wiki (Axe-Fx II Wiki Home - Axe-Fx II Wiki) and many threads in the forum cover the topic. Use the search feature. If recoridng via USB, you will need a DAW. It's an ASIO interface so recording on your PC and listening via your near-fields will be a challenge. That is a Windows/ASIO driver issue, not Fractal. You can use ASIO4ALL to create the Mac equivalent of "aggregate" devices, but I have found it to be hit or miss. In my case, too much latency, so I record and monitor via the Axe-II. You will need to lower the DAW main out levels during playback, and yes you CAN hookup your near-fields to OUT1 of the Axe for monitoring/playback. Zero latency (2ms) using that method.

oh... I had visited the usb audio part of the axe-fx II wiki but didn't read it carefully, I now see the part where its written you should ignore the error messages.

I'll look into it.

thanks a lot

Yesterday I managed to record while monitoring through a verve monitor connected to the axe-fx II

I haven't been able to monitor through my sound card.

Its doable right?

Back
Top Bottom