Help: Can’t connect to any websites but Google and Facebook

Piing

Axe-Master
Players:

• Lenovo Thinkpad Twist with Windows 8
  • D-Link DAP-1360 Wireless Access Point

Problem:

Suddenly I can only browse to Google, Facebook and a couple of sites. All the others sites give error like not connected to Internet. Including This forum!!! :nightmare:

Environment:

• Another computer at the same spot does not have any problems.
  • It only happens at my apartment. The Thinkpad can access to all internet sites from my office.
  • It happens with all browsers: iExplorer, Firefox and Chrome.
  • The only sites that I can access are the ones that I browsed just before the problem happened. ie: I can still access to a Carlos Santana youtube video that I watched (even after deleting cache, cookies, and internet history), but I can not access to youtube.com or any other youtube video

I have already tried:

• Restart computer and Wi-Fi
  • Clear all cookies, internet history, temp files…
  • Disable Norton Internet Security Firewall
  • Disable Windows-8 Firewall
  • No proxy
  • No malware or virus
  • No entries at the Windows HOSTS file
  • ipconfig /flushdns
  • ping forum.fractalaudio.com & ping 72.52.184.171 Answers are correct
  • Uninstall and reinstall Chrome and Firefox
  • Take three deep breaths

Last edited:
Strange ,that happen to me yesterday,but a restart cured it.hope you get it figured out

Hi edgE. Strange that it happened on the same day as me. I am glad to know that it was solved with a restart.

Now it is worst: it is also happening at the second computer!! That leads me to think that it could be a problem of the Internet provider. I am on a serviced apartment, so I will have to ask the owners to call the provider.

What I can not understand is why it did not started to happen at the two computers simultaneously.

See if you can access the sites by IP. If so, then it's probably just a DNS issue. Your ISP provides you with DNS servers, but you can also specify your own, and there are many DNS providers out there to use.

Back
Top Bottom