Help - Atomic Reactor 50 Sounds Bassy and Not Clear

That's how I used to run mine, but you can turn it up if needed. Could you post a link to the YouTube video you're referring to? If you already did, I apologize. I'm reading forum on my phone and it sometimes doesn't show embedded links.
Sorry ! I don't know how to post stuff like that on here.

Sorry ! I don't know how to post stuff like that on here.
just paste the Link to that youtube video.

at the top of your browser you'll see the web address:

Screen Shot 2018-09-19 at 3.12.49 PM.png

click that, then choose the Edit menu and then Copy, or right-click it and choose copy. then come to this forum and Edit-Paste or right-click Paste that link here and submit the post.

You are going to have to EQ your presets to work with the Reactor. That solution is not going to as flat as a CLR. Start with the basics and go to the Cab block and cut the Low pass to 80 Hz.

There is also a bass cut in the Amp block too that you can add in, the speaker tab in the amp block has a Low resonance freq. that you can play with as well. these are all quick go to adjustments to help you tame those freq's quickly!

Try them one at a time to see if you can take out what is bothering you.

You are going to have to EQ your presets to work with the Reactor. That solution is not going to as flat as a CLR. Start with the basics and go to the Cab block and cut the Low pass to 80 Hz.

There is also a bass cut in the Amp block too that you can add in, the speaker tab in the amp block has a Low resonance freq. that you can play with as well. these are all quick go to adjustments to help you tame those freq's quickly!

Try them one at a time to see if you can take out what is bothering you.
What gear do I need besides a USB cable to get into my AX8 to make banks of my own ?

Have you downloaded Axe-Edit? You should be able to plug USB into computer and tweak from there. Might need to download USB driver depending on computer. I watched some of Cooper's video. Which patch/ amp are you having trouble with? I assume you're using factory patches.

Have you downloaded Axe-Edit? You should be able to plug USB into computer and tweak from there. Might need to download USB driver depending on computer. I watched some of Cooper's video. Which patch/ amp are you having trouble with? I assume you're using factory patches.
None of them sound good. Yes all factory patchs.

What gear do I need besides a USB cable to get into my AX8 to make banks of my own ?

USB cable to computer to match up AX8 to the AX8 Edit. The AX8 USB connection is only for this.

If you want sound to your computer from AX8 you will need an audio interface (XLR, 1/4. or SPDIF).

those cabs are notoriously boomy/bass heavy. compensate with eq.

also can't compare what youre hearing on computer speakers to what you are hearing from a different source. route your computer through the atomic then compare.

None of them sound good. Yes all factory patchs.

One thing you need to get used to with FR is the fact when you are using I/R's, It's like the cab's are mic'd in an iso booth then played back through a FR monitor. So your monitor becomes the truth sayer, if it's colored then you will have to EQ for the hyping or sonic foot print that monitor is imposing on your preset!

All of the setting's I gave you to try you can access from the front of the AX8. In fact I would encourage you to know how to use it in the event you need to make a change and don't have a computer.

One other important thing is if you are going to be giging you need to tune your presets at gig volume! A preset built at a bedroom volume will sound anemic at a gig volume. The reason for this is called Fletcher Munson curve. Basically your ear hears things differently at different volume levels.

Those Reactors where very non-flat.

I’d bypass the cab block as the speaker is providing enough coloration. Using an IR with a speaker with a lot of coloration typically will result in a very muddy tone. It’s like adding an eq on top of an eq. One sounds fine, two is too much

One thing you need to get used to with FR is the fact when you are using I/R's, It's like the cab's are mic'd in an iso booth then played back through a FR monitor. So your monitor becomes the truth sayer, if it's colored then you will have to EQ for the hyping or sonic foot print that monitor is imposing on your preset!

All of the setting's I gave you to try you can access from the front of the AX8. In fact I would encourage you to know how to use it in the event you need to make a change and don't have a computer.

One other important thing is if you are going to be giging you need to tune your presets at gig volume! A preset built at a bedroom volume will sound anemic at a gig volume. The reason for this is called Fletcher Munson curve. Basically your ear hears things differently at different volume levels.

sorry, but the minimum audibility curves, aka FM, aren’t really at play here and it’s just a case of people repeating stuff they read on the internet but don’t really understand.

Take a look at the curves, between 100 and 5000 Hz, typical range of guitar, the curves are pretty darn flat by a modest bedroom level of 50dB.

Being both a musician and an audiologist, I was very interested in human auditory perception with regards to musical applications and did a good bit of research and controlled test while getting my doctorate.

“FM” is a real thing, but without understanding the specific frequency response and how it applies to given applications, folks can do more harm than good with it.

sorry, but the minimum audibility curves, aka FM, aren’t really at play here and it’s just a case of people repeating stuff they read on the internet but don’t really understand.

Take a look at the curves, between 100 and 5000 Hz, typical range of guitar, the curves are pretty darn flat by a modest bedroom level of 50dB.

Being both a musician and an audiologist, I was very interested in human auditory perception with regards to musical applications and did a good bit of research and controlled test while getting my doctorate.

“FM” is a real thing, but without understanding the specific frequency response and how it applies to given applications, folks can do more harm than good with it.
First thing is your right. I have no idea what i'm doing. I'm older and have used amps and pedal boards my whole life. I just felt like I needed to be updated, a jump into the future you might say. The problem is that i'm not computer smart and the fractal is sorta confusing.

First thing is your right. I have no idea what i'm doing. I'm older and have used amps and pedal boards my whole life. I just felt like I needed to be updated, a jump into the future you might say. The problem is that i'm not computer smart and the fractal is sorta confusing.
I want to thank each and everyone of you for taking your time out to try and help me ! God Bless !

One more thing. Are there any guitars that respond to the AX8 better than any other ?
No. They don’t really “respond” to each other in any special way, so a guitar does what it does with any other real amp or gear.

Back
Top Bottom