Help: 4CM real amp + "specular digital rig" to FOH...is this possible with the Axe-Fx ?

I think that if I could find a correct path to achieve what I want I could handle this kind of rig also with an AX8 because at the end I need only one amp sim. So if I be able not to duplicate all the effects in the chain I think that I won't need a lot of power...

Last edited:
So I have a similar setup on my Axe FX III at the moment and it looks like this:

upload_2019-1-8_17-24-6.png

The top path is going through an amp model and cab block on the Axe FX. It's panned hard left and goes from the left side of output 1 into my monitor speakers.

The bottom path passes through my real amp using the 4cm via output 3 / input 3. This path is panned hard right and goes from the right side of output 1 into the effects loop return of my amp and into my 4x12 cab.

If you don't go too crazy on effects, I reckon a similar setup would work on the AX8.

So I have a similar setup on my Axe FX III at the moment and it looks like this:

View attachment 51701

The top path is going through an amp model and cab block on the Axe FX. It's panned hard left and goes from the left side of output 1 into my monitor speakers.

The bottom path passes through my real amp using the 4cm via output 3 / input 3. This path is panned hard right and goes from the right side of output 1 into the effects loop return of my amp and into my 4x12 cab.

If you don't go too crazy on effects, I reckon a similar setup would work on the AX8.
Ok, so if I've understood your path in the "Axe-Fx II world" your Out 3 and In 3 would be replaced by a FX loop block, am I wrong ?

hi everybody
I usually use ax8 on 4cm but I want to use the amp model of ax8, do I need to put fx loop on the chain since I do not use the real pre of my amp (marshall jvm)
I did a test pulling out the fx loop and it does not change anything.
thanks

hi everybody
I usually use ax8 on 4cm but I want to use the amp model of ax8, do I need to put fx loop on the chain since I do not use the real pre of my amp (marshall jvm)
I did a test pulling out the fx loop and it does not change anything.
thanks

Actually 4CM always involves using the FX loop block, without the FX loop it would be 2CM ;). It allows you to use your amps pre-amp section by turning the AX8 FX loop on or bypass the pre-amp by turning the FX loop block off (assuming the FX loop blocks mute mode was set to 'Through'). If you don't want to ever use your amps pre-amp just plug the AX8 output into the power-amp input of your amp.

Last edited:
Actually 4CM always involves using the FX loop block, without the FX loop it would be 2CM ;). It allows you to use your amps pre-amp section by turning the AX8 FX loop on or bypass the pre-amp by turning the FX loop block off (assuming the FX loop blocks mute mode was set to 'Through'). If you don't want to ever use your amps pre-amp just plug the AX8 output into the power-amp input of your amp.

in fact I have some presets with standard 4cm (real pre amp) and other presets only using the preamps of the ax8, canceling the preamps of the real amp. in this last case would I still need the fx loop?

Attachments

• WhatsApp Image 2019-01-08 at 18.14.03.jpeg
    WhatsApp Image 2019-01-08 at 18.14.03.jpeg
    114.9 KB · Views: 11
Last edited:
in fact I have some presets with standard 4cm (real pre amp) and other presets only using the preamps of the ax8, canceling the preamps of the actual amp. in this last case would I still need the fx loop?

Yes, if you don't need the amps preamp you can ommit the FX loop block.

Edit:

Make sure out 2 is not configured to mirror out 1 in the system setup.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom