Hello friends

qjawz

Inspired
Volume swell not working like I want it to.

So I'm looking to get the same effect as the volume swell on Ganymede in the factory presets. I actually copied the exact volume block from there to my patch but I'm not receiving the effect from it only a mild version...can anyone tell me what I'm doing wrong

View attachment Nick's Rig.syx

Last edited:
I haven't messed with this particular effect yet (envelope modifier controlled volume swell) but now that the subject has come up I think I'm going to play with it this weekend. If I end up with anything usable I'll post a patch here.

;p sorry I shouldve been more clear. I didnt know this was an interesting subject. The envelope is identical to the original volume block in the factory preset, the only difference as a whole for the block is I have it set to thru when bypassed

Last edited:
You have different envelope settings in the control menu. Find those (press control, go to envelope page) in the original and adjust your new preset.

if you still can't figure it out, just make it from scratch...it's really easy.

don't worry about the envelope modifier at all...leave all those settings at default.

in your volume block, attach the "volum"e parameter to envelope

increase the "damping" parameter until the speed of the swell is to your liking

job done

I think it's useful to look at & understand the envelope parameters for this one. There are only 4 knobs. Attack time is longer than decay and gain is around 2.5. Threshold being above minimum turns the block into a gate as well.

With separate attack & decay you can set the swell speed (attack) without affecting how long you need to wait for the value to drop to 0 when muting & playing a new note/chord, because that's set by the separate decay control. With damping you're setting both of those rates via one value. The gain setting is probably meant to hit 100% and stay there for a bit if you play hard enough. You might find levels unpredictable without doing this, unless you also change the modifier graph shape.

The control menu settings including envelope can be copied as easily as any block with Axe-Edit (right click "controllers" button for copy/paste) or the front panel (at Recall - Effect page retrieve "Control" item from desired preset).

So I found what you guys were talking about in the control menu and I got it all set thanks guys. Sounds perfect :)

Back
Top Bottom