Hello and thank you...

TremoloFan

Inspired
Hey everyone, first post ever...but I've been an AXE-FX owner for almost two years and been lurking here for about that long. Just recently upgraded to the XL and just loaded 16.3...all I can say is AMAZING. And this new reverb is completely amazing.

I've learned so much about effects and amps from you all, I feel like I should write some of you a check.

Just wanted to finally post a note, say hi and offer up some tones. Would love to learn more about compression and making the most of clean tones with the AXE, all suggestions welcome. I'm not a professional musician but I really enjoy jamming with my favorite hits like this Dire Straits tune. And please pardon the clams.

Sounds great.

I think you have the base tone down perfectly. Try some compression sure, but either an amp with less 'crisp' and/or back down on the input...might 'smooth' it out just a bit.

But again, it sounds great and welcome to the forum!

EDIT: But like MRA...Why Worry? Play the song and enjoy!

Welcome to the forum with your first post, Mr Lurker!!

Hehe.
I lurked for about a year before I bought my first fractal, reading up on this and that. I love this place, and have learned so much. Good group here.

Thanks for the feedback. I think this is one of the most supportive and friendly forums out there. Cliff and M@ do a good job setting the tone (pun intended) for everyone.
So, does anyone know any secrets to Knopfler's tone or rig? Can't find a whole lot of specific details online.

Thanks for the feedback. I think this is one of the most supportive and friendly forums out there. Cliff and M@ do a good job setting the tone (pun intended) for everyone.
So, does anyone know any secrets to Knopfler's tone or rig? Can't find a whole lot of specific details online.

Been listening to Dire Straits and Knopfler since their first album and as with all great players its mostly in their fingers and with Mark Knopfler even more since he doesn't use a pick (for most anyway).
Think his early career was Schecter strat and those "music man" amps. Fenderish things. For sure several Fender amps as well

Early Dire Straits tone is a Vibrolux (Vibrato Lux model). The Vibrato Lux model is based on the same model and year amp used on the eponymous album. There's a cab in there too.

Been listening to Dire Straits and Knopfler since their first album and as with all great players its mostly in their fingers and with Mark Knopfler even more since he doesn't use a pick (for most anyway).
Think his early career was Schecter strat and those "music man" amps. Fenderish things. For sure several Fender amps as well
In my clip above, I used a Fender superverb and a 4x12 with EV spkrs...I agree I need to dial back the highs a little though.

Welcome to the forum! And as a fellow Knopfler fan, loving the results of your recording. Upload the tweaked result to Soundcloud as well pls.

Hi and welcome.........sounds really good - also it´s not the "right " amp/cab - but who cares? Only listen to years. What EV-Cab did you use for this cleansound?

Love that tune dearly - Sounds fantastic just the way you played it (wished he would have done a version without the new age-y stuff and kept it all guitar and vocal only).

Back
Top Bottom