Heel down or toe down?

Tommymo

Inspired
Am I able to control parameters within an effect by pushing the toe down as opposed to the heel down? I can’t seem to figure out how to not change the parameter other than heel down.

If you're trying to reverse the direction of the pedal's effect, swap the Start and End values in the modifier to reverse the curve direction.

If you're trying to reverse the direction of the pedal's effect, swap the Start and End values in the modifier to reverse the curve direction.
Yes that’s what I’m trying to do. Doesn’t everyone here prefer to push toe down to modulate an effect? Thanks I will try this

Yes that’s what I’m trying to do. Doesn’t everyone here prefer to push toe down to modulate an effect? Thanks I will try this
If you're trying to Increase the value as the pedal moves towards toe down then the default setup is what you want - it goes from low to high.

The controller's value is tied to the pedal position regardless of which direction you are going. The parameter values for toe down and heel down are determined by the setting in the modifier. For a correctly wired expression pedal, minimum value for the pedal is at heel down and maximum value is at toe down. So, with default settings in the modifier, the value dot will move from the lower left corner of the graph to the upper right corner of the graph as you move from heel down to toe down. If it moves the other way, your expression pedal may be wired backwards.

I have a mission engineering expression pedal
By default, Start values are Heel Down and End values are Toe down.
You should go into Utility and look at the AD converter values and test your pedal and see if the values go from 0 to 1024 from Heel to Toe.
If not, then your cable is probably faulty OR your pedal was purchased to work with a different unit and has a different wiring. I suspect the latter, but the AD test will tell.

From the Manual:

FM3 Owner's Manual

THE UTILITIES MENU UTILITIES: DISPLAY PAGE

Provides a slider to adjust contrast/viewing angle for the built-in LCD display.

UTILITIES: ADC LEVELS PAGE

Shows Analog-to-Digital Converter levels for the front panel Level knobs and rear panel Expression jacks for troubleshooting. You can set the output level here at an exact percentage.

By default, Start values are Heel Down and End values are Toe down.
You should go into Utility and look at the AD converter values and test your pedal and see if the values go from 0 to 1024 from Heel to Toe.
If not, then your cable is probably faulty OR your pedal was purchased to work with a different unit and has a different wiring. I suspect the latter, but the AD test will tell.

From the Manual:

FM3 Owner's Manual

THE UTILITIES MENU UTILITIES: DISPLAY PAGE

Provides a slider to adjust contrast/viewing angle for the built-in LCD display.

UTILITIES: ADC LEVELS PAGE

Shows Analog-to-Digital Converter levels for the front panel Level knobs and rear panel Expression jacks for troubleshooting. You can set the output level here at an exact percentage.
So from the ADC levels page. Pedal 1 value as a percentage goes up when I move the pedal towards toe down. That’s wired correctly then?

So from the ADC levels page. Pedal 1 value as a percentage goes up when I move the pedal towards toe down. That’s wired correctly then?
Yup. Should be.
So the settings in your modifier window might be wonkers.
Can you post a screen grab?

Back
Top Bottom