Hectic Watermelon Presets Coming (EDIT 1st uploaded)

Now that I have finished recording and mixing Keneally’s record, I plan to re-load my Hectic Watermelon dual amp patches into the machine after upgrading to the latest firmware for the first time since last August…duh. They will probably take a little tweaking to get them fully dialed for a gig next week. At any rate, the old ones sounded killer live and helped me simulate a VERY BIG two-amp rig with parallel processing, Sound Sculpture Switchblade GL etc. done by LA Sound Design. The only thing I haven’t done with the light-attack AxeFX “commando” rig is to incorporate the piezo or synth. The LA Sound Design rig is described in detail here:

http://www.hecticwatermelon.com/machines.cfm

Re: My Hectic Watermelon patches on the way…

John,

Between you and Dweezil, we're pretty much in Patch Heaven !

THANKS ....

...so John...then you are bringing your Axe to the San Diego Indie Fest>I'm playing (with my Ultra, of course) at 10:45 across the street from the Green Stage at Claire de Lune...

...Cliff should be pretty happy about that...2 Ultra's...hopefully, your killer tones will perk up any fellow pickers and the word continues to spread about the Fractal Audio Axe-Fx :mrgreen:

Hey John, that's cool. Yeah, not bringing the truck 'o gear. I'll definitely come listen to you and your great tones later. Axe-love everywhere! :lol:

John Czajkowski said:
Hey John, that's cool. Yeah, not bringing the truck 'o gear. I'll definitely come listen to you and your great tones later. Axe-love everywhere! :lol:

...I'm going to check out your patches! :p

...I've changed mine dozens of times...and now that I have a Les Paul to go with my Strat, I have a whole 'nother set of patches to tweak... :mrgreen:

...we have multiple threads on tgp about the Indiefest...I'd say we have the gear forums covered! :lol:

Hi John and John,

What day is the indie fest in San Diego? I'm still on the west coast. If it's on day I have off, It sounds like it would fun to catch.

Larry

Larry Mitchell said:
Hi John and John,

What day is the indie fest in San Diego? I'm still on the west coast. If it's on day I have off, It sounds like it would fun to catch.

Larry

Oh oh...time to start practicing. :eek: It would be awesome if you could come down, Larry!

R.D. said:
John,

THANKS ....
DWEEZIL!!!!!
where can i download dweezil's patches?? :shock:

larbear63 said:
R.D. said:
John,

THANKS ....
DWEEZIL!!!!!
where can i download dweezil's patches?? :shock:

on axechange under eruption or dweezil

Here's the first one. Hope some folks can find a a use for it or as a point of departure for tweaking to taste.

HecticCornMelon 1

http://www.axechange.net/preset.aspx?PRESET_ID=893\

Notes:

This patch needs pedals plugged into EXP 1 and 2 to take full advantage of the control features. This is a chewy medium gain Cornford sound that works great on PAF type humbuckers in all positions as well as single coils. It morphs between rhythm and lead settings while keeping a unified and organic vibe.

EXP 1 controls two parameters - amp gain and send to a stereo ducked delay delay witha touch of mod and set to dotted quarter tap tempo.

EXP 2 adds a very small amount of OD Drive pedal up front that compresses and cuts the low end just a hair and adds a little cut to the top when a slightly more aggressive thing is needed.

I use this one live straight to FOH with single coils and humbuckers on the Hectic Watermelon tune "Bionic Hillbilly;" and with humuckers on, "Steve's Stunt Double," and "Bullets, Dice and 30 Megabytes." I also use it when we cover the Dregs classic, "Cruise Control."

Lastly, I created this preset in conjunction with a mix if drums and bass from the original Pro Tools sessions from the HWM album, The Great American Road Trip in a control room setting. I muted Jerry Goodman's violin, and all rhythm guitars and keys to make sure the preset works well in a lean trio mix. It has lots of mids and a nice balance of punchiness and sustain.

John Czajkowski said:
Here's the first one. Hope some folks can find a a use for it or as a point of departure for tweaking to taste.

HecticCornMelon 1

http://www.axechange.net/preset.aspx?PRESET_ID=893\

Notes:

This patch needs pedals plugged into EXP 1 and 2 to take full advantage of the control features. This is a chewy medium gain Cornford sound that works great on PAF type humbuckers in all positions as well as single coils. It morphs between rhythm and lead settings while keeping a unified and organic vibe.

EXP 1 controls two parameters - amp gain and send to a stereo ducked delay delay witha touch of mod and set to dotted quarter tap tempo.

EXP 2 adds a very small amount of OD Drive pedal up front that compresses and cuts the low end just a hair and adds a little cut to the top when a slightly more aggressive thing is needed.

I use this one live straight to FOH with single coils and humbuckers on the Hectic Watermelon tune "Bionic Hillbilly;" and with humuckers on, "Steve's Stunt Double," and "Bullets, Dice and 30 Megabytes." I also use it when we cover the Dregs classic, "Cruise Control."

Lastly, I created this preset in conjunction with a mix if drums and bass from the original Pro Tools sessions from the HWM album, The Great American Road Trip in a control room setting. I muted Jerry Goodman's violin, and all rhythm guitars and keys to make sure the preset works well in a lean trio mix. It has lots of mids and a nice balance of punchiness and sustain.

Cheers John, I look forward to having a play with this :D

Thanks for sharing your patches John!

Look forward to checking them out and seeing how you set things up. Gotta love this thing!

Axisman5150 said:
Thanks for sharing your patches John!

Look forward to checking them out and seeing how you set things up. Gotta love this thing!

You're welcome...hope they don't take to much tweaking on your end to get in your happy place.

Here's a dual-amp preset in the EJ tradition. With a pedal on Exp 1, it morphs between a nice Fendery clean that loves singel coils and a really hairy, woolly OD tone on B that works well on single bridge or humbucker.

viewtopic.php?f=19&t=5203

Thanks for sharing the Cornford patch John! When I dialed in the Cornford I thought it was kind of a dark sounding amp and didn't bother digging in. Man I'm glad that I checked this patch out as it's now one of my favorites. Just like you said, it has a beautiful voicing with Strats and Les Pauls. :cool:

Back
Top Bottom