Heart--Stairway to Heaven

i watched this 5 or 6 times in the last two days, and had goosebumps and tears in my eyes every time. iconic song. brilliant version.

Hell, I teared up too. Still and achingly beautiful song. The Wilson sisters absolutely honored it.

(Even if the 'culled' version was a little jarring at times...)

So do we know if Heart did an abridged version or if the TV network edited it? I HATE edited versions of songs. That being said, the acoustic guitar and her voice were wonderful. I've always felt that cover songs, especially of that caliber, should be executed note for note. The choir was pretty powerful too. Overall, I would say they did a great job. At times I had chills in my spine as I do with the original.

My dad saw Heart back in the day after their first album cane out. They played the entire album. Then they said,"we're all out of material so we'll play some songs by our favorite band." They proceeded to play several Zep tunes.

Zeppelin is the greatest band ever. I've always said they're my 'desert island band'. Timeless. Epic. Masterpieces of flawless art.

Lords of Rock... We salute you!!!

(Even if the 'culled' version was a little jarring at times...)
Yea, my only gripe. Where they edited are some of my favourite parts of the song!

But otherwise: super moving. I've always loved The Lovemongers' (Heart's Zep tribute thing) version of The Battle of Evermore but I didn't know Heart started out as a Zep tribute. That makes a whole lot of sense to me now.

Boys and girls, that's what you call talent. And hats off to the engineers! Plant and Page looked truly moved and happy.

So who was the guitar player? Pretty much nailed original
I personally would have shit myself if I was playing before those guys but I don't think he "nailed it at all" he seemed to be too concerned with looking cool and he flubbed the first half and was kind of paraphrasing the solo. I guess that's ok but I personally would have played the solo absolutely note for note out of sheer respect for what could be, arguably, the most iconic rock guitar solo of all time. It's not even that hard to play it's just .....legendary.

That literally gave me goosebumps all over and I was fighting back tears. I don't know why. I guess I just think it is so cool that Zep was being recognized, however long overdue it was. Plus I you could tell [Robert and Jason Bonham especially] were truly moved by the performance. I mean, this song brings back so many memories for me and I'm sure everyone but to them....they lived that...they CREATED that. It is hard to comprehend something like that and it's impact on so many people over generations and generations. It's just so cool. Ok .. done now. :eek:ops

This was the music I listened to that inspired me to ever pick up a guitar. It was considered new music back then, and it stays timeless. Hard to believe how far most of the music today has strayed away from what talent is all about. Watching this brought back so many memories, not only how fantastic Zep tunes are, but also how great of musicians the Wilson sisters are also. Ann Wilson's voice has no equal and is haunting to me. Lenny and his band do a great job too.

Thanks for posting that great video!!

Hats off...

Well guys..Hats off to the wonderful American people who did recognized those british legends of our time ...
It s very moving to see another country celebrates and honour some other countries values..
Very touching !
..and somebody here mentioned " the engineers " ...that' s right !
My best regards to them too !
And my wishes to you all : may God give to you everything that money can't buy : life,health and piece of mind !
Virgil

Back
Top Bottom