Headrush frfr boomy

I have two of the 12" ones, imo you need to build your patches with these speakers running... With that said a mid and base scoop can make it better...

I also tried a 108 Headrush, I used a high pass filter at 130 or 150 Hz to calm the bass effectively an invasive, if that is not enough a low cut switch in the amp block is quite radical, I use it systematically for live patches ;)

Im using a Headrush 112 frfr currentlyand you can get decent tones from it.
Low cut is your friend.
There is a good youtube video from Leon Todd on the cabinet block for some other tweaks.

Because of reviews of some other user of the headrush I decided to buy the Harley-Benton FRFR-112A that is not so boomy according to the reviews and should not have too harsh highend.
And it has different EQ modes and built in speaker sim so you can use it only with an overdrive alone. (I don't need this but a nice option)
I am satisfied so far.
Nearly same price.
Sure there are better FRFR out but I use it for redundance or gigs in small locations (as soon as it be possible again :( ) and to have something at home besides the monitors.

First things first. Move it away from walls (especially corners), and keep it off the floor.

Yup I stood mine up helped a huge amount. Contour was mentioned as well.

I run mine in stereo with a CLR, and it's still bassier, but not woofy.

Reactions: Rex
I have two of the 12" ones, imo you need to build your patches with these speakers running... With that said a mid and base scoop can make it better...
I am thinking about buying a 2nd 12" Headrush for when my FM3 arrives next week to try stereo.

Noob question - do you mirror OUTPUT 1 to OUTPUT 2 in the global settings and then just connect another XLR from OUT2 to the Headrush so that you don't need to manually add OUTPUT 2 block to all your presets to make them stereo?

Back
Top Bottom