Headphones????

J.Luke

Inspired
So, this will be my first Factal product. I'd like to get a decent set of headphones to play through. Does anyone know of any good ones that won't break the bank. I don't mind looking for used either. Thanks!

I've got good luck with audio technica ATH-M40X. I still haven't tried them with the AX8 but with my helix and my computer/sgear they sound great

Had my MDR-7506s for probably 25 years: Mine seemed to be losing low end a couple of years ago: but replacing the ear covers restored the accurate tonal balance. Sennheiser HD280 Pros are also excellent.

Because the AX8 does not have a built-in headphone amplifier I would think something that does like the Blue Mo-Fi would be most ideal. I have Mo-Fi and they are the best under $1000 headphones I've tried. Although I still greatly prefer using studio monitors.

Because the AX8 does not have a built-in headphone amplifier I would think something that does like the Blue Mo-Fi would be most ideal. I have Mo-Fi and they are the best under $1000 headphones I've tried. Although I still greatly prefer using studio monitors.
I just go through my mixer

Portable headphone amps are really cheap and battery life is in weeks (or months). Just make sure it doesn't do any signal stuff, as that will utterly kill battery life. You can get decent ones for $20.

This will take any confusion about impedance out of the equation, without much fuss.

I tried the very well respected Aiaiai mta2 young guru edition - costing 250 € - but even if they delivered a tremendous sound they are more suited for DJs, the sound to bass heavy and warm for my needs. I returned them and got the AKG 702 as they are known to be EQed very flat. Much better, they translate very well to my FRFR Dynacord monitor. And They are almost as comfortable to wear as the Aiaiai which says something. Costed 170 € and could be almost used without headphone amp - almost.

Back
Top Bottom