head phones

wow must be solid gold
has anybody tried the sen hd650

Yep. I can troubleshoot mixes and critically listen to audio on them. Personally, I love them. No listener or wearing fatigue.

Bear in mind that with any listening system the ear needs to psychologically 'learn' the sound of them before you're completely comfortable. They hide nothing.

I've read lost of reports and tried quite a few different headphones.

I ended up with AKG K701 for recording. They're open back so there is some sound leakage (can be a problem when recording vocals). They have a reasonably flat response, they're very comfortable and I think they sound as close to monitors as you can get. They cost $300-350 but I think they're worth it.

When I need sealed headphones I use Shure SRH440. They cost around $100 and I think they are the best sounding around that price.

All of this is of course my findings and you really need to try some out to find what you like best.
Hope that helps.

Added note - I don't typically use headphones with my Axe-Fx so I thought I should try it. Both of the above headphones sounded good and reasonable close to the sound from monitors. I think the AKG just had the edge over the Shure (I guess it should for the extra $200 !). I also felt that the AKG would cause slightly less ear strain if you're using them for some time.

Last edited:
got myself the audeze 2 and it's absolute killer. i have an old pair of sony studio headphones. it's such a huge difference that I can't go back to them, even for practicing...

Back
Top Bottom