Headphone Jack

ILM4Axe

Idiot alert: Why is it that when I plugged my new Mofis into the phone jack using the supplied 1/4 inch adapter, I only have sound on left side...not stereo? When I wiggle the adapter out of the jack a little, I get sound in both sides. My Sony headphones do the same thing...

So what kind of 1/4 adapter do I need to insert into the phones jack to hear both sides??

Sorry this is so freakin rudimentary, but I just assumed I could a pair of stereo Mofis in the phone jack and hear the axe2...in stereo. What am I missing?

Last edited:
There could be something wrong with the jack(loose wire) or the adapter . You should just need a standard stereo 1/8 to 1/4" adapter.

Right, the adapter supplied by Mofi is 1/8 to 1/4 TRS. Just looked it again to be sure. The cheaper adapter I used with the Sonys was the same. Would there possibly be an internal setting I'm missing?

I do note that both adapters Mofi and the cheaper radio shack one I used the the Sonys, are TRS. Wonder if I need a 1/8 to "mono" 1/4 adapter? Are your adapters TRS?

Edit: Sorry Sean, I think u just answered that above....

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom