Headphone correction EQ curves

I know this is a Fractal forum but I also have a QC for other secondary uses. Do you know if or how you could apply the .wav EQ curve in that device?
I don't own a QC but..

If you're allowed a second cab block or an IR player equivalent for the QC before the output just use that, same principles apply as I said of applying the "correction" wav file to left and right stereo field separately.

If not second-best option is to use the EQ parameters on the Parametric EQ section

https://github.com/jaakkopasanen/Au.../harman_over-ear_2018/Audio-Technica ATH-M50x

and use those settings before the output block to the headphones

I know this is a Fractal forum but I also have a QC for other secondary uses. Do you know if or how you could apply the .wav EQ curve in that device?
Yeah just looked at the QC manual and there is an IR Player equivalent in the QC named IR Loader
(Dual Mono, panned hard left and other vice versa) so just use that or the cab block

mind you the QC trims the IR's shorter compared to the capabilities of the ir player in the AX3

Last edited:
Yeah just looked at the QC manual and there is an IR Player equivalent in the QC named IR Loader
(Dual Mono, panned hard left and other vice versa) so just use that or the cab block

mind you the QC trims the IR's shorter compared to the capabilities of the ir player in the AX3
Yeah the IR loader is new in a recent update. I’ll give it a shot. Again, I know it’s it for Axe FX but sometimes I don’t take my Axe FX with me…too valuable 😎

This is all interesting.

How does the global eq work?

If I wanted to make changes to output 1 for headphone, but then leave output 2 stock to use only with FRFR, will that work? This is a work around I guess because there is no way to turn the global eq on and off.

This is all interesting.

If I wanted to make changes to output 1 for headphone, but then leave output 2 stock to use only with FRFR, will that work? This is a work around I guess because there is no way to turn the global eq on and off.
Are you talking Axe or QC here?

This is all interesting.

On Fractal you can toggle global EQ for each output between off, parametric and graphic. This means you can use the parametric and graphic as different presets.

The easy way is to configure Out 1 for headphones and use Out 2 for FRFR. You can even just set the "Copy Out 1 -> Out 2" so you don't need the two outputs configured in your presets but can just use an Out 1 block.

https://github.com/jaakkopasanen/AutoEq/tree/master/results

I was looking through these folders and there’s multiple different settings for my headphones (M50x). Are these results from different tests? Now I’m more confused on which settings to use.

Edit - I missed this note:

Recommendation priority is: oratory1990 > Crinacle > Innerfidelity > Rtings > Headphone.com > Reference Audio Analyzer. This means if there are measurements from multiple sources for the same headphone model only the highest priority result will be shown in this list.

This is interesting, have never had the thought that we can run the HP correction IR instead of putting a dedicated EQ block for HP correction. Could any experienced buddy elaborate more about where to put the IR player block? Right after the input block?

The sequence in my head is illustrated below (simplified of course):
In1----IR Player (with EQ correction IR loaded)----->Amp----->Cab------>Out1

Could someone please kindly comment on the illustrative signal chain above? Is it logically correct? Many thanks!

This is interesting, have never had the thought that we can run the HP correction IR instead of putting a dedicated EQ block for HP correction. Could any experienced buddy elaborate more about where to put the IR player block? Right after the input block?

Could someone please kindly comment on the illustrative signal chain above? Is it logically correct? Many thanks!
You wan’t the IR player block with the HP correction loaded just before the Out 1 Block.

Basically doing this “corrects” the sound going to the headphones.

Side Note : make sure you’re not recording anything from the Out 1 Block digitally with the IR Player / HP Correction ON…

or listening through studio monitors from Hardware Out 1 L and R as it will apply the HP correction to whatever is in front of the IR Player block in the signal chain.

Hardware Headphone Out = Digital Out 1 Block

The IR block with the HP correction should be the last block before Output 1. If you aren't using HP, I disable that IR block so that when I use my monitors I am getting the original sound.

Thank you (ApocalypticKatana & GuitarGuy316) very much for your reply, this is helpful.
Somewhere in this thread is a screenshot of how to setup the IR block. I found that helpful. Once I created block with my settings, I saved it in the block library so I can quickly add it to any preset.

Hi.. Anyone could share the geq block for these headphones? Old links doesn't work anymore... Thanks

When using the IR block and the .wav file for my headphones, I found I have to increase the IR block volume to keep the level flat to match the same output when the IR block is bypassed. I assume that’s due the IR/wav file being of lower volume when engaged?

Back
Top Bottom