Having the Axe-Fx III, what are the advantages of Cab-Lab 3?

Piing

Axe-Master
... besides mixing 8 IR's instead of 4, saving the mix into a single IR or the Batch Conversion utility.

The advantage of mixing at the Axe-FX III is that we hear the results on real-time, but with Cab Lab we have to send the mix to the Axe-FX every time we do some adjustment.

At the axe-FX we can also capture the CAB Mix with a ToneMatch and convert to IR.

I am just wondering, because I find that I am not using it since I sold the Axe-FX II.

It is easier to audition IRs. You can load then into cab lab and send them directly to scratchpad or any IR location.

... besides mixing 8 IR's instead of 4, saving the mix into a single IR or the Batch Conversion utility.

The advantage of mixing at the Axe-FX III is that we hear the results on real-time, but with Cab Lab we have to send the mix to the Axe-FX every time we do some adjustment.

At the axe-FX we can also capture the CAB Mix with a ToneMatch and convert to IR.

I am just wondering, because I find that I am not using it since I sold the Axe-FX II.
I guess you might also consider the CPU reduction a benefit of your are using multiple IRs in the Cab block, since each active one increases the CPU.

It is easier to audition IRs. You can load then into cab lab and send them directly to scratchpad or any IR location.

I don't find it easier, because I do not hear the results as I move the mix buttons; we have to send the mix to the Axe-FX every time we want to audition the mix. However, when mixing at the Axe-FX CAB block, we can hear the results on real time.

I guess you might also consider the CPU reduction a benefit of your are using multiple IRs in the Cab block, since each active one increases the CPU.

No need for Cab-Lab to do that. It is very easy to capture the multiple IR's inside a CAB block using Tone Match, and export them as a single IR.

Here is a template and instructions:
https://forum.fractalaudio.com/threads/cab-export.71847/#post-952408

Cab lab allows seperate hi and low cuts for each IR, also has phase invert which is helpful for comparing cancellations. You can use cab lab in real time as well.

I don't find it easier, because I do not hear the results as I move the mix buttons; we have to send the mix to the Axe-FX every time we want to audition the mix. However, when mixing at the Axe-FX CAB block, we can hear the results on real time.

No need for Cab-Lab to do that. It is very easy to capture the multiple IR's inside a CAB block using Tone Match, and export them as a single IR.

Here is a template and instructions:
https://forum.fractalaudio.com/threads/cab-export.71847/#post-952408
I am not talking about mixing. I am referring to selecting an IR on your computer and being able to hear it. There are fewer steps using cab lab.

Cab lab allows seperate hi and low cuts for each IR, also has phase invert which is helpful for comparing cancellations. You can use cab lab in real time as well.

The "LIVE MODE" button? That has never worked for me. I always thought that it was not yet implemented, or that it is a feature of the VST version.

I am wondering what am I doing wrong. Cab-Lab is already connected to the Axe-FX, but no sound when I press the Live Mode button. At the Axe-FX I am selecting ScratchPad-1. I only hear the mix when "Live Mode" is disabled and I click "Send Mix to ScratchPad"

Just set your cab to scratchpad 1 (or you can also select a user slot), load the IR/IRs, and then select the "Send Mix to Scratchpad button on the left".

Edit; I see you already said that.

The "LIVE MODE" button? That has never worked for me. I always thought that it was not yet implemented, or that it is a feature of the VST version.

I am wondering what am I doing wrong. Cab-Lab is already connected to the Axe-FX, but no sound when I press the Live Mode button. At the Axe-FX I am selecting ScratchPad-1. I only hear the mix when "Live Mode" is disabled and I click "Send Mix to ScratchPad"

I havent tried the Live Mode. Will have to play around with that and see if I can get it to work.

I use the cab block in the III to mix multiple irs from my user cabs. If I find something I really like, I load them and set the mix ratio in cablab the same a save as a single ir. As mentioned above it can save a lot of cpu.

Back
Top Bottom