Having a hard time getting volume up on patches from made from scratch??`

moo cow

Inspired
so i'm now over the honeymoon of all the factory presets and have started out making my "amp" presets. like i did with my ultra, i basically make a preset for every amp model listed. that way i can easily scroll through and find the basic amp sound without all the extra effects added, like in the factory patches.
so, my problem is that i have to dime the master and the level just to get enough volume to be loud enough to play. i jump back over to the factory presets and all the volume i could need is on tap, but my original patches are barely audible. anything jump out at you guys as to why it's so quiet. usually if my front panel output level is halfway up (or a touch more than halfway) it's plenty loud.
thanks

Post a preset so we can take a look. It's the combination of Drive/Master/Level in the amp block, what's in the Cab block and the settings in the preset output mixer which count the most.

If you are using AxeEdit, be sure to check the output mixer. It still has a habit of going to minimum levels on its own.

thanks guys, i think the output mixer was the culprit. all the levels were -20db. i'm assuming unity is a better place to start??

thanks guys, i think the output mixer was the culprit. all the levels were -20db. i'm assuming unity is a better place to start??
yup.. click initialize (on left side) while in the output block and it should reset all to 0dB.

beautiful! thanks. wow, i was starting to doubt myself for a minute! my tones were just kinda sucking!! now they're back!

Back
Top Bottom