Havinf fun at a session with firmware Quantum....

I'm using 2 Matrix Q12a's (FRFR) and each box has a build in 350W solid state ampo - so i used not even half the power and we wehre very loud...:eagerness:

I have to say that the recording is pretty sketchy but it sounds very much like a guitar cab in the room IMHO. I have the passive Q12. I was really having a hard time getting a natural sound until I started mixing cab IRs. What have you found that sounds the most natural sounding for your set up?

nice playing by the way.

Thank you very much Maxolla, one secret for the more lively sound is the a PEQ block created by Paco especially for the Matrix Q12a because he uses one. With the passive Q12 will be just the same. So this I can recomemnd you and I use for most of my Marshall alike presets just on ir from cabIR.eu. It#s an ir from an Marshall cab 1960AX I think, I'll check tomorrow when the Axe is connected and the ir is an R12 take with c414 and MD421 - I give you the precise name of the ir tomorrow - and I used to do alot of ir mixing, but lately I've gone back to single mixes, like R12 which is already a mix of 2 mics and I found it sounds many times better, depending on the preset and sound you wan't - you just have to try everytime you build an preset and you need some volume. I love to play loud :devilish:

Here is an clip with guitar only - I think it was firmware 18.XX

I have to say that the recording is pretty sketchy but it sounds very much like a guitar cab in the room IMHO. I have the passive Q12. I was really having a hard time getting a natural sound until I started mixing cab IRs. What have you found that sounds the most natural sounding for your set up?

nice playing by the way.

Thank you very much Maxolla, one secret for the more lively sound is the a PEQ block created by Paco especially for the Matrix Q12a because he uses one. With the passive Q12 will be just the same. So this I can recomemnd you and I use for most of my Marshall alike presets just on ir from cabIR.eu. It#s an ir from an Marshall cab 1960AX I think, I'll check tomorrow when the Axe is connected and the ir is an R12 take with c414 and MD421 - I give you the precise name of the ir tomorrow - and I used to do alot of ir mixing, but lately I've gone back to single mixes, like R12 which is already a mix of 2 mics and I found it sounds many times better, depending on the preset and sound you wan't - you just have to try everytime you build an preset and you need some volume. I love to play loud :devilish:

Here is an clip with guitar only - I think it was firmware 18.XX

Great tone dude. Love to try out this pre eq your talking about.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

20130409_185946 (480x640).jpg that' was my set up before the soundcheck but this picture I posted some time ago and I don't know how I get the picture from last nights set up now to be posted., becaus it is allways saying my file size is to big to upload? I don't know how you guys get all this big pictures in here?

Yes this is the passive Q12. I tried to go conventional cab but found it to be kind of fizzy and lifeless IMHO. Frfr seems more alive but also has its compressed sound. Yes a more open sound is what I'm after. I have used the eq in the amp block to cut some frequencies that sound boxy. Yes I'd like to try the block you are using. Post it when you can. Thanks in advance.

Yes this is the passive Q12. I tried to go conventional cab but found it to be kind of fizzy and lifeless IMHO. Frfr seems more alive but also has its compressed sound. Yes a more open sound is what I'm after. I have used the eq in the amp block to cut some frequencies that sound boxy. Yes I'd like to try the block you are using. Post it when you can. Thanks in advance.

Hi man, here is the preset, I posted it in AxeChange and ir info is in Axe Change: Axe-Change - Download Preset - 1959 SLP Tony - by Black Bitch
Put the PEQ block always after the cab Block. It will open up a bit the sound, as someone that the other day: " you notice it when you switch off the block. then there is something missing. But i hardly use it in my DAW, as it records it what comes out of the Axe, while the Matrix seems to do some frequence coloring, which you get rid off with Paco's PEQ. Just our good luck that Paco has got a Matrix Q12 cause he really knows what hi is doing. Good luck with it man......

Thanks for the EQ it sounds great. I ended up pushing the frequencies a tad more and it sounds even more open. There is a fine line however because at some point it gets a bit too nasty sounding. Great sounding FRFR set up now just need to add one more speaker cab.

Max

Back
Top Bottom