Have You Used your Axe-FX II for Gigs since getting the AX8?

Orbm1

Inspired
I am about to get my AX8.

I have been rehearsing and playing with my Axe-FxII and MFC. Sounds great but I will not deny that it is a little bit of a pain to be carrying them around. That was the MAIN reason of getting the AX8.

Anyways, have any of you stopped using the Axe-fxII and MFC for performing and now are ONLY using the AX8?

I am thinking of maybe selling my MFC as I can't foresee myself needing my Axe-Fx for gigs, but definitely for home sessions.

Anybody else in the same situation? Or are there particular reasons you still gig axe-fx/mfc even though you have the ax8?

Omar

I stopped. My band only plays 2-3 times per month, so I only have a few gigs under my belt, but honestly, the first gig was all I needed to leave the 'big' rig at home. There is a little adjustment to the layout compared to the MFC, but as long as you're prepared it's smooth sailing. I set up in about 5-10 minutes max. One trip to/from the car. Everything fits in my trunk now (we use IEM's). Loving the AX8!

I have not. I did put all the stock presets on my XL so I could demo it last saturday. There will be times when I use it.

Interesting question. I have an AF2/MFC rig at home and 1 at each church campus I play every week so all I bring to the gig is my guitar and a laptop (that fits in the front pocket of my guitar bag) for loading new presets or firmware. Who knows maybe I will replace it all with an AX8 and later another as a backup. Will be interesting!

I am one of those that was looking for the AX8 only to gig with. It sits in my bag after the gig and doesn't move until the next. I practice with my AXE FX II at home. The redundancy let's me make changes and port them over if I need to, but I practice with a rig that sounds the same as the one I gig with. AX8 has been perfect for me

I used my AX8 for a gig the first time this past weekend... AX8 performed flawlessly... Killer tone, 2-3 minute setup, same for breakdown...took me longer to tune than to set up... ;-) Was a BEAUTIFUL thing as we only had 15 minute change-overs between bands... You guys are gonnna LOVE it !

I can't afford to keep both. If I could I would. The. I could leave one stationary and use the other one to travel

My AFII rig is still my A rig. Maybe that'll change over time but right now the AX8 is getting rehearsal use, not gig use.

Have gigged both. There are still things (and presets) the AX8 won't do, so it depends on the gig. As iaresee said, the Axe Fx II is still my A rig, but I am glad to report the AX8 is up to the tasks I bought it for, and sounds great. (AX8 intended tasks = backing up the XL+, small gig or grab-n-go rig)

Have gigged both. There are still things (and presets) the AX8 won't do, so it depends on the gig. As iaresee said, the Axe Fx II is still my A rig, but I am glad to report the AX8 is up to the tasks I bought it for, and sounds great. (AX8 intended tasks = backing up the XL+, small gig or grab-n-go rig)
Yup. I'm not using the AX8 for gigs because I'm still getting used to the performance flow with it. It sounds stellar and is fantastically functional in all other regards. I'm contemplating how to build a slightly bigger board that'll let me pop the MFC off and the AX8 on as I want to use the big rig or the little rig for a gig.

Back
Top Bottom