Have you found “your” amp in the FM3?

It's easier to share the preset than to write all details :) It's Triptik but these work well with Tucana for me. I'm not using gain versions though, prefer edge of break-up or slightly above.

Thanks for sharing. I’ll try it out tomorrow. I’m not a real hi gain guy but more of a classic rock player. I like to hear the strings.

Thanks for sharing. I’ll try it out tomorrow. I’m not a real hi gain guy but more of a classic rock player. I like to hear the strings.

It might not be you. I have yet to bond with any of the Carol-Anns. I like Marshall mids
and the Carol-Anns are just voiced in a way that doesn't jive with me.

Hook 34-2A/2B channel. I can't get enough of it (for 4 years now since AX8).

I have grown to really love this amp. It does everything I want a JCM800 to do but with a fuller frequency and a little more compression. That clip from the AX8 still sounds awesome. I would be curious to hear a recreation with the current firmware. Would make for an interesting comparison.

I use a preset Based on a Hughes and Kettner Triamp
It’s and SLO lead w a JCM800 tonestack and some tweaks
Maxon drive in front

It might not be you. I have yet to bond with any of the Carol-Anns. I like Marshall mids
and the Carol-Anns are just voiced in a way that doesn't jive with me.

It’s possible. But I’ll give it one more attempt. I like Marshall mids myself but usually have the bright cap turned off. You still get the voicing though because it’s baked into the circuit.

I’m very partial to the Ac20, which I already loved in my old Kemper. But even so I wouldn’t say it’s my favorite.

The thing is, coming from an Hx stomp to a Fm3 it’s astonishing how pretty much every amp sounds good. On the hx stomp I could only really use a few amp models( I really disliked the amp modeling in the unit), but here everything’s sounds so good!

The amount and diversification of amp models I’m using now in comparison with the hx stomp is really huge.

Given how good the amp modeling is, it doesn’t come as a surprise to see very different responses and people picking a lot of diferent amps as their favorite.

Revisiting this after some time. I have a few models that are my go-tos. The Morgan AC20 is by far my most used these days. Something about its edge of breakup tones that are addicting.

Thanks to Mr. Leon Todd, the USA Mid Gain has become a go-to for heavy tones.

For everything else, the Plexis… man… so f*****g good. 50w 6550 or 1959SLP Treble.

Love the DC30…. But I really have to fight it to get it to clean up. When I do get it cleaner, I have to fight it more because it really thins out.

What’s the cleanest Vox style amp in there?

Sean Meredith-Jones

Love the DC30…. But I really have to fight it to get it to clean up. When I do get it cleaner, I have to fight it more because it really thins out.

Sean Meredith-Jones
Try the AC20 EF86 Bass model and really roll down the input drive or the roll back the input trim. That will maintain the thicker character of the amp while cleaning up. Also, look at using some different IRs. I find that mixing the AC20 1x12 cab coupled with a fender cab (I like the brown super 2x12) really fills out this amp nicely.

Sean Meredith-Jones
Re thinning out at low gain, is there a bright switch you can turn off, I don't remember?

Or just use the tone controls or output EQ?

I have more trouble getting gainier Vox tones to not get all sloppy than with cleaner ones.

Love me some Vox. I go play with other amps, dig em, but get happy all over again when I come back to Vox.

Re thinning out at low gain, is there a bright switch you can turn off, I don't remember?

Or just use the tone controls or output EQ?

I have more trouble getting gainier Vox tones to not get all sloppy than with cleaner ones.

Love me some Vox. I go play with other amps, dig em, but get happy all over again when I come back to Vox.
I just tried cleaning up a channel of my main Vox preset, and it cleaned up fine for me with gain on 1, mv decked, AC-20 EF86 Treble model.

That's the one I used for the cleanest scene in that preset, which wasn't all that clean, gain 2.77.

What guitar or pickups are you using? These are Throwbak PAF-like.

Back
Top Bottom