Have we reached the end of new amp models in the Axe 3?

There's nothing special about those schematics. It's simple preamp, cathodyne phase inverter, and vanilla power amp and power supply.

There are amp models in the Axe-Fx that are far more unique than that, Hook Captain for example.

The limiting factors are availability of schematics, availability of reference amps, time and consumer demand.

This should take care of at least 1 of those 3: http://www.orangefieldguide.com/

I‘m still hoping for a model of Blues Saraceno‘s Dirty Boy Amp one day. Pretty rare amplifier and hard to get hold of one. Technically the features like the Variac, Power Tube Bias and variable negative feedback already exist in every model, although the circuits may be different than a stock Marshall. Anyway since Blues is an endorser/user of the Axe FX, it might be the easier to borrow his personal amp and create a model.

Interesting. I've never read about the James. That's cool to know. The tonestack in the Legacy amp is so insanely powerful and versatile because of the Baxandall; reading this makes me really want to try a James to compare.
The tonestack in a Legacy is a James. A Baxandall is active.

The tonestack in a Legacy is a James. A Baxandall is active.

Oh cool! Funnily enough I had only read that from the Fractal wiki. The link is dead, but this quote is still under the amp model page:

"Adds the "Legato 100" model based on Steve Vai's Legacy 100. This model is unique in that it uses a Baxandall (sometimes called a "James") tone stack. More often used on tube hi-fi gear the controls are less interactive than a typical guitar amp tone stack and impart a different tonal quality."

Thanks for the clarification. I love learning what it is my ears are turned toward!

Back
Top Bottom