Have we reached the end of new amp models in the Axe 3?

I cannot see that reaching the end of Amp models for the AXFXIII can ever be the case unless the AXFXIV comes out. I see it as a fluid thing - If Cliff aquires an amp, it would surely be for the purpose of modelling it out and providing a Firmware update. there are plenty of Amps out there to model. Untill there are no amps left to model left then there will be more to come IMO.
On the subject of Amp Profiling, im not a fan of the 'snapshot' idea, and that would be a different product to build and sell in my opinion. Also plenty of Profilers out there already.
I honestly never thought I would have so much Power under my fingers when it comes to Amps, Effects, Automation and adjustability of parameters often outside of real world Models, ever in my life! Thanks to Fractal.

Last edited:
I think maybe some of the more unique circuits are just too complicated to model. So long as amps fall under the Fender/Marshall/Vox topology, it likely makes Cliff’s job that much easier.

Oops! I seem to have dropped my schematics…

Attachments

• IMG_8915.jpeg
    IMG_8915.jpeg
    274.6 KB · Views: 106
  • IMG_8914.jpeg
    IMG_8914.jpeg
    292 KB · Views: 103
  • IMG_8913.jpeg
    IMG_8913.jpeg
    239.3 KB · Views: 101
I think maybe some of the more unique circuits are just too complicated to model. So long as amps fall under the Fender/Marshall/Vox topology, it likely makes Cliff’s job that much easier.

Oops! I seem to have dropped my schematics…

There's nothing special about those schematics. It's simple preamp, cathodyne phase inverter, and vanilla power amp and power supply.

There are amp models in the Axe-Fx that are far more unique than that, Hook Captain for example.

The limiting factors are availability of schematics, availability of reference amps, time and consumer demand.

That Orange is really special.
Cathodyne PI, Baxandall Eq, Variable Coupling Caps, LC Presence Control... not so sure if Fractal can even do that. :cool:

Edit: Ninja Cliff.
I'm joking btw, you'll see that a lot. :)

Back
Top Bottom