Have we reached a point

Isn't that the purpose of beta release? Get it out to the masses for testing? More eyes, more ears, more hands...this community is pretty quick at finding bugs and issues which I would imagine is quite helpful.
Exactly. Betas are for the enthusiastic early adopters who want to test the cutting edge stuff.

Just like videogames - I wouldn't want to play a half-broken game... but a lot of people want! And they essentially want to try to break the game and find bugs, or just explore the novelty of the new game. These kind of real-world user experiences can never be fully replicated by testing programs internally, which is why Betas rule!

Example: Would Fractal devs ever find out that for ex. a Parametric EQ block might have a bug when set to "Peaking 2" setting, because the new firmware caused a bug there? Probably not, but real enthusiastic users who like to tinker with stuff just might!

When modelling is all finished, next thing would be close to leaving the hardware and go virtual in the cloud ...
When you think of that...... OMG 🤪 [dancing_banana]

Have we reached a point where there isn't much more to get out of the machine? Just askin'.
In terms of engineering, I'm not qualified to say. In terms of creativity, I'm the problem, not the machine. I'd love to be at the point where I consistently think of things it can't do...

Back
Top Bottom