Have I made a big mistake??

Jobu71

I have been using the axe FXII for some time & loving it...

When I heard that the FX8 was a stomp box with the same sounds +++ & that the patches were interchangeable
between AXe fxII & FX8 I bought one to use as a second rig.... oops!! When I tried to load one of my patches to the FX8 i got a conflict...

Have I made a big mistake ,,I heard Carter Cooper mention that the setups are interchangeable. now what??

ANy help here???

Cheers anyone..
John:shock

The FX 8 does not have any amps. The upcoming AX8 will and will be compatible. In short, yes, you made a mistake. If you made that mistake within the last 15 days, you can return your FX8 to FAS.

Presets are not interchangeable. Blocks can be, when saved using Axe-Edit and FX8 Edit "Block Libraries." It's not the smoothest interchange (you basically find where the files are saved on your computer and copy them to another file location) but it works. Of course, it's only the same blocks that are on both the Axe and FX8, like Delay, Reverb, etc. An Amp block from the Axe will definitely not go over to the FX8 since there are no Amp blocks on the FX8.

An FX8 is not a 1 to 1 replacement for an Axe-Fx and not marketed as such. It is an FX-only unit made for use with guitar amps. The upcoming AX8 is closer to an Axe though, as it includes Amp Modeling (but is still not identical to an "Axe-Fx in a floor unit"). I'm not sure presets will be interchangeable between Axe and AX8 at this time, but it could be possible.

Last edited:
In the description of the fx8 it mentions that it can be used for preset sharing but it doesn't say from what other units presets can be shared(Axe-fx etc..) The question is "Can patches made by users of the Axe-fx and Axe-fx ultra be used on the Fx8? I'm referring to tone patches only not amps.

"FX8-EDIT, a full-featured software editor, is also included free. In the tradition of all Fractal Audio Systems products, the FX8 is fully compatible with Fractal-Bot for preset sharing, easy backup and restore, plus firmware updates as new features are added."

Back
Top Bottom