Have a Rockin' 4th of July!

Untitled-1.jpg

So far it's not going to well. Two days ago I was driving home from Costco, and my engine in my wife's car started making funny noises, still running but it sounded like a spark plug had blown. So I take it to the shop, knowing that they would look into it the next day. The next day comes and I don't hear from them all morning, I start to get nervous. I give them a call around 2:30 pm and the guy on the phone said that Paul the owner would call me when he got off the phone. Two hours later, he tells me yes it's a blown spark plug, and my two options are 1. $5,000 dollars for new heads or 2. $6,800 for a new engine, plus all the labor that goes with it. After I freaked out, I told him that I would get back with him. Knowing that they would closed on the 4th I had to make the hard decision, and decide that this car has finally killed itself for good. So now it's the 4th and we are down one car. I have the rest of the week off which is great, but I'm a guy and I can't relax until this issue is fixed. So now it's loan time to get enough money to pay off our existing car loan and now this new car loan that we will have to have now. So my hope is that we get everything locked up soon so I can enjoy the rest of my week. Of course that means go see a banker and go to a car dealership and have to go through all of the stress of trying to purches a new or used car. So long story short,I am stressed out of my mind at the moment wishing this was over so I can play guitar.

Having a great morning here in Texas. My wife decided she wanted to go get some sun, which she does by hopping on the mower (we live on a little over 3 acre lot). So, I am sitting inside enjoying a cup of coffee and reading the latest exploits the Fractal Faithful while the yard is getting mowed by a happy and beautiful woman, with my family coming in from all over the country to have a reunion over the holiday. Friday my band will be playing a gig right on Galveston Bay at Moody Gardens, followed by a big fireworks show. I am looking forward to the rest of the week.

All is good here!

Sorry to hear about your car issues, Scott! Just keep in mind, life never stays good or bad for too long. Your down turn will give way to better days. Hey, you've got a second car and an Axe Fx, right? :)

Having a great morning here in Texas.

I soooo miss Texas...
it's been a while since I've been back there..
got a lot of real good pals in the DFW area...
and of course I miss the hockey [for my sins... I'm a Stars fan]..

I soooo miss Texas...
it's been a while since I've been back there..
got a lot of real good pals in the DFW area...
and of course I miss the hockey [for my sins... I'm a Stars fan]..

You'll need to make a visit some time! You can come help me sort out my presets! Me and Funeral got you covered in the Sunny South!

You'll need to make a visit some time! You can come help me sort out my presets! Me and Funeral got you covered in the Sunny South!

I totally need to get back over...
and of course... where Clarky goes a guitar follows...

I'll be sure to shout if/when it happens..
and yeah we can have a good ol' play with the Axe..
see what new hoops we can get it to jump thru

Gigging today as the "concert" for a homeowner's association. Their neighborhood layout is kinda cool, for suburbs that is. I'm gigging by the pool.
Screen Shot 2012-07-04 at 11.35.11 AM.jpg

It'll be hot, but I'll have my 10x10. Gotta brush up on "God Bless the USA".

Happy 4th gang - video from today's big pool gig.

Dusted the cobwebs off "God bless the USA"
Haven't played this for a few years - was rusty and so hot I could barely think (they booked me at hottest part of the day of course). iPhones were overheating & shutting down. Was lucky to get the whole song.

Check out the color of sun on the concrete, brassy and yellow from Colorado wildfires. And we're at least 60 miles from the Fort Collins fire, probably 80+ from the Colorado Springs fire.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom