Has Cliff posted any clips of the new Pentode-based modeling yet?

Jimi = Plexi
Right?

B.

There was a lot of talk around Jimi using Fenders for some tracks/sessions. The Marshall heads (as far as I understand) were built as louder versions of the Fender amps so Jimi switched to those.

Cool stuff whatever!

Spence

Here's a quick recording with the new firmware: www.fractalaudio.com/tmp/lw.mp3

After I recorded it I realized I had turned up the presence and that amp doesn't have a presence control so it's a little brighter than it should be but my wife yelled at me for making too much noise so I couldn't do another take.

That sounds/feels impressively better. I think it is the most realistic crunch tone I have heard so far from an Axe-FX. The bottom end and attack of each note has these nuances that I did not hear before.

Care to make it interesting? ;)

For 1 dollar: Vibroverb with a Drive pedal.

Correct. Vibroverb with TS. 1x15 cab. I was trying to copy the SRV version so I used the equipment he used (minus the hands, .013 strings and talent).

Guitar is a Warmoth strat with unknown pickups.

Correct. Vibroverb with TS. 1x15 cab. I was trying to copy the SRV version so I used the equipment he used (minus the hands, .013 strings and talent).

Guitar is a Warmoth strat with unknown pickups.

Yes!!! Where is my dollar?!

Okay the dollar is for YEK.

Hey Yek 50/50?

Reactions: yek
Here are a couple clips with the new firmware.

The first one is a heavy one that hopefully shows the awesome "girth" of the Recto Orange Modern and FAS Modern amps.

The second is just messing around with the new Princeton model and hopefully demonstrating how the new power amp modeling has just the right amount of "tightness" and "squishyness" depending upon how you play.

Holy crap!!!!
These clips sound fantastic! v3.0 is a revelation :))
Thanks to Cliff,Scott and Adam for taking the time to post them.

Can't wait to get mine, hopefully soon!

Per

So far I am quite impressed with all the clips you are posting. The tones are much more "organic" and they feel more dynamic.

More V3 samples. All recorded direct via USB. PRS Custom 22 with Duncan Jazz/JB pickups. NO REVERB. NO DELAY. NO EFFECTS. 100% bone dry. Amp/Cab ONLY. No processing, just as cut and ripped (sadly) to MP3.

All as I dialed it; your taste and preferences might be different... so dial yours your own way. :D

Have fun:

Trainwreck:

Cameron:

USAClean2

VoxAC30TB

Back
Top Bottom