Has anyone seen the video of Misha playing the Devin Townsend patch?!?!?!

ajd00m

I want that patch, and cant seem to find the video or patch anywhere!!! SOMEONE HELP ME!

I take the above statement back. I found it!!!!!

[video=facebook;10150151403518454]http://www.facebook.com/video/video.php?v=10150151403518454&oid=19059968216&comments[/video]

Last edited:
Soooooo "super secret" that if he told us, he'd have to kill us ... ?
most likely

well, I've seen some Periphery/Misha interview where Misha mentioned playing that Devin Townsend patch and that it wasn't allowed to get a hold of that patch.

But basically the patch is like this:
some wah and/or whammy goes into some lead sound amp + cab
after the cab is a delay and a reverb block. Reverb with the highest time setting, high feedback settings etc.
it's SIMPLE!! ok, I'll stop

Ohhh, I see. I guess the sentence was confusing, because he said "I can't find the patch OR video" then followed with "I found it" without specifying which he found, even though he did post the video. Too much logic required for me to process that quickly so early in the morning hehe

Nobody has the patch?

Incorrect.

I have the patch.

I made the patch.

It's me you see crouching at the Axe-Fx in the background of the video, tweaking away.

However, I will never share it with anyone as I swore an oath of intergalactic secrecy to the arcane Ziltoid himself! He keeps one of my toenails in a Squahilian Yzmblist chamber lest I stray...

Georg, it is not as simple as you might think. You can get close with the technique you describe, but the devils will prove to be in the details. Steal what you can with your ears and let me know if you have any general questions about the Axe-Fx :)

Matman!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Im willing to pay you for this incredible patch. I've been trying to mimic it, and cant get it where it is in the vid. PLEASE give us some insight, or at least some hints so we can get the rest ;)

Nobody has the patch?

Incorrect.

I have the patch.

I made the patch.

It's me you see crouching at the Axe-Fx in the background of the video, tweaking away.

However, I will never share it with anyone as I swore an oath of intergalactic secrecy to the arcane Ziltoid himself! He keeps one of my toenails in a Squahilian Yzmblist chamber lest I stray...

Georg, it is not as simple as you might think. You can get close with the technique you describe, but the devils will prove to be in the details. Steal what you can with your ears and let me know if you have any general questions about the Axe-Fx :)
yes, I was only joking about it being simple
of course it takes a lot of tweaking

I see, so you made the patch. I thought (since Misha called it a "Devin Townsend patch" in an interview) that it's a patch created by Devin himself.
So does this mean you created this patch FOR Devin or did you just do it to see if you can get a Devin sound. Either way, can you share some insight please? :D

as in all of Matman's patches - the Best!

I too find a patch that is so playable by itself - to be the ultimate....a dry guitar signal is not for me.

Matman - is that right that this is at NAMM '11? I was there and looked for Fractal but didn't see them on the company directory, and in 3 days of non-stop perusing never stumbled upon them (not that means much, with how big NAMM is).

^^yes, the only place at NAMM where you can actually listen to something, would be in a hotel room... otherwise there is this gigantic ambience of.. everything
thinking about it, it's kind of similar to that patch ;)

Back
Top Bottom