Has anyone seen the video of Misha playing the Devin Townsend patch?!?!?!

Nobody has the patch?

Incorrect.

I have the patch.

I made the patch.

It's me you see crouching at the Axe-Fx in the background of the video, tweaking away.

However, I will never share it with anyone as I swore an oath of intergalactic secrecy to the arcane Ziltoid himself! He keeps one of my toenails in a Squahilian Yzmblist chamber lest I stray...

Georg, it is not as simple as you might think. You can get close with the technique you describe, but the devils will prove to be in the details. Steal what you can with your ears and let me know if you have any general questions about the Axe-Fx :)

Any chance now that Axe II is on the horizon the Ziltoid will let you spill the intergalactic beans ?

Hey guys,

I took that video at NAMM and I clearly remember what the Fractal guys told me about that patch. Devin Townsend, quote: "If you ever give this patch to anyone, I will hunt you down and kill you!"

I don't see the big deal of sharing the patch, sure we can SOUND like Devy but that doesn't mean it will turn us all into geniuses and write epic music like Devy!

Since it's a dev related thread, wanted to give him a plug in here...his 2 latest discs are insanely good. Listened to them both back to back several times at work today and the dude is just beyond talented. Ghost is so ambient and beautiful it could be a meditation disc and Deconstruction is heavy as hell but melodic. Intricate arrangements, stellar playing all around, great sounding mix and effects & the vocals are as good as anything he's done. Truly unique and inspiring stuff. BUY THEM so he can continue to grace us with more music. He also participates in the community we have here, but I don't think he'll be sharing the patch anytime soon. I didn't hear anything on the discs that sounded like this patch though...somebody correct me if I missed it?

Back
Top Bottom