Has anyone gotten the Yamaha UD-BT01 working with the AX8 and Windows 10?

Anyway I think the issue the OP is having (unidirectional communication) is because of the poor implementation of midiberry, it just allows one direction, it links the output of a device to the input of another device. To have bidirectional communication you would need two inputs and two outputs connected. Maybe it's possible to run two instances of midiberry?
Right. MIDIberry can only do one direction and Windows 10 apparently won't allow multiple instances of an app so I was trying to figure out how to augment it or replace it with another app to get the other direction. Those experiments have all failed so far due AX8-Edit not getting back the responses it expects. My guess is sysex isn't getting handled appropriately somewhere in the chain.

I'm actually working on my own app just to do whatever is necessary to provide the adapter for AX8-Edit to BT LE MIDI on Windows. It's a fun learning experience if nothing else.

I'm actually working on my own app just to do whatever is necessary to provide the adapter for AX8-Edit to BT LE MIDI on Windows. It's a fun learning experience if nothing else.
This would be great! ;)

If you'll share it :D

Any progress making the UD-BT01 work with AX8 and Windows 10?
Thanks

Last edited:
Any progress making the UD-BT01 work with AX8 and Windows 10?
Thanks
I gave up a while ago. The SysEx issue I described above seemed to be buried in a component that I had no control over (e.g. the UD-BT01 device driver or whatever). I haven't tried again recently to see if there have been any updates that might've helped or made the process easier in general.

Back
Top Bottom