Has anyone dropped the Axe-Fx 3?

Sternaxe

I've got my axe fx 3 racked in a 8u skb rolling case. Along with a furman, line6 g90, matrix amp and a 1u rack draw. Its freakin heavy with all of that racked in and i managed to slip it off my hands while tryin to balance it on the wheel and my hip while i juggled with my shoulder bag. It just rolled off and fell flat on the ground from about 80cms high with all that weight. I powered it all up and it works absolutely fine with no problems or noise. My OCD mind still bothers me to know if anything has gotten loose inside the axe or if i need to open the top and give it a check. How sturdy / well built are these things anyway ? Has anyone come across any problems after such incidents ? Thanks guys n sorry im new to the axe fx world. Cheers.

Attachments

• ozlwtigvuabg4grwjtqa.jpg
    ozlwtigvuabg4grwjtqa.jpg
    20.7 KB · Views: 27
I've got my axe fx 3 racked in a 8u skb rolling case. Along with a furman, line6 g90, matrix amp and a 1u rack draw. Its freakin heavy with all of that racked in and i managed to slip it off my hands while tryin to balance it on the wheel and my hip while i juggled with my shoulder bag. It just rolled off and fell flat on the ground from about 80cms high with all that weight. I powered it all up and it works absolutely fine with no problems or noise. My OCD mind still bothers me to know if anything has gotten loose inside the axe or if i need to open the top and give it a check. How sturdy / well built are these things anyway ? Has anyone come across any problems after such incidents ? Thanks guys n sorry im new to the axe fx world. Cheers.
Ouch!!! As long as it is still working you should be good.

Bummer, man!

My thoughts are that as long as it ain't broke....

I think that even if you sent it in, if there were anything loose, it would be difficult to find, unless there was a specific issue to pin down and chase.

No tubes in these babies! Lord forbid you dropped your Triple Rec, with 600 tubes, or your 1960 something with vintage tubes that cost you a house payment to replace....

The fractal products are built like tanks. Killing them is really hard.
Though, the connections between PCB boards are just clip-ons, they are not glued or soddered, so they might fall off. Easy fix, just plug them back in.

Once the the cable connecting the XLR outputs to the main board got loose for some reason and they stopped working on my axe 2. Had a mini panic attack.

Very cool I’ve been looking at something like that shock case. Right now I’m using a gator 10u deep and my Fc12 fits in it which is nice but it is heavy and I still us a hand truck to move it.
I really like the wheels an handle on the case.
Is that a wireless you have in that case?
View attachment 56044

Thanks!
Yes a wireless Line 6 half rack.
Added the casters and the pullout handle.

We all appreciate you taking one for the team and doing the first recorded consumer drop test. Better you than me. Glad it worked out ok!

It’s good that you care and respect your gear, but don’t worry. I’ve toured with my Fractal gear for years all over the US, Europe, Asia, Australia, and South America in frigid cold and crazy heat and it just keeps on going. I’ve only had an issue one time where customs dropped my rack (which weighs about 85 pounds). The unit turned on but I didn’t have any sound. We popped it open and just had to re-seat the ribbon connector and everything worked perfectly. These things are built incredibly well to withstand a solid beating. All that to say, the first drop is the hardest, but be comforted in knowing that you’ve got nothing to worry about.

Thanks!
Yes a wireless Line 6 half rack.
Added the casters and the pullout handle.
Very cool after I posted I looked closer and thought Duh! I saw your line 6. Do they sell the casters and handle separately?
I really Dig the way you have it set up. Very nice :D

Darn it....I really gotta stop frequenting the forums....i wanna buy a SKB rack case like that one pictures, I want the FC6, and I would like a powered montitor/FRFR with the stands (like coopers)....and I can only pick one of those things......

Most likely gonna be the FC6..... but that rack case is next

Darn it....I really gotta stop frequenting the forums....i wanna buy a SKB rack case like that one pictures, I want the FC6, and I would like a powered montitor/FRFR with the stands (like coopers)....and I can only pick one of those things......

Most likely gonna be the FC6..... but that rack case is next
Patience glasshoppa, patience. Good thing come to he who save and wait :)

Back
Top Bottom