"Hands-free" parameter editing?

touch33

Experienced
(DISCLAIMER: I haven't read every page of The Manual and have only Searched the Forum briefly)

Is there a way to configure the XL+ so that an EV1 can control the value of the "highlighted" parameter when editing a Preset? In other words, a global on/off switch to "link Expression Pedal 2 to Value Wheel"? I'd like to be able to play with both hands while adjusting a parameter instead of having to reach for the Value Wheel with my hand...

Thx,
Bruce

Try running the Looper so you can play while you tweak. :) Not necessarily the same but close.

Thx, Matt - as you say "close". I'm typically wanting to adjust for "feel/feedback" as much as "tone", hence the desire for "hands-free" value adjustments.

That would be very cool.
There are many CC type work arounds if your assign CC' s ahead of time.
Some paramaters may requier Syx commands.
None as easily implemented as would using the "big wheel" to conntroller idea. If possible .

At my "day job" where I sometimes design A/V control systems – and recognizing that the Value Wheel is simply a data "shaft encoder" that raises or lowers the value of the parameter being edited based on which direction the VW is being spun and perhaps the speed at which it's being spun – it might not be impossible to allow the "radio button on/off" assignment of an Expression Pedal input such that "cocked back" equals "ramp value down" and "cocked forward" equals "ramp value up" (with a really wide "do nothing" null in the middle of the pedal travel). In essence, once "enabled" I could pedal my way to the perfect value while I'm testing it in real time and once there reach over and hit "Enter" (or step on the ENTER button on the RJM I'm in the process of purchasing)...

Being the Noob that I am (and hoping that this feature might already exist, hence a general info post) I'm also guessing that perhaps this thread would be more appropriate in the Wish List area?

Back
Top Bottom