H0ly $@&%! My wife just surprised me with a Reactor FR!!!

jojo said:
Porkchop Xpress said:
Lol! I told her I was thinking of buying a second one and she was all upset. "What, one isn't enough?!?"

My standard answer to my wife on this often-heard remark: "I may need more than one guitar/amp/gizmo/etc. but I only need one woman!" That usually helps a little bit. :mrgreen:

Hahaha... now THAT´s an clever comments. I´ll start using that one.

I´ve had some trouble of explaining that I were going to buy the Ultra and perhaps Symbolic sounds Kyma/Paca system as well, as an 30 years birthday gift to myself. Meaning swapping out the whole guitar/synth rig. I got away somewhat with saying that I´m gonna sell pretty much all the other stuff I´ve acquired during the years. Which is pretty much the truth, however I´ll probably not get that much for that gear, so it will still cost a lot of money anyway (didn´t told her THAT though). :eek: :lol: :oops:

And now I´m not sure that I really will or should sell all of it OR that I´ll buy the Kyma/Paca system. I´ll probably go the FRFR route too. So I´ve only bought the Ultra so far... :?

Congrats Porkchop! You seems to have catched a lovely woman, remember to give her happy birthday greetings from all of us!

sprint said:
Set it all up and make it look like those Fratomics have been there a long time (tips: make some coffee mug rings on them for "age" effect; also, be sure to dispose of packaging material behind the garden shed).
:lol: :lol: :lol:

I started leaving the synth home recently. I was mostly doing string swells behind rhythm parts, and I came up with a crystals patch that I fade in that fakes it pretty well for art-rock type stuff that just needs some atmosphere. You really can unload a lot of gear, including a synth, if you go with an axe (depending on how extensively you use the synth...if I ever go back to doing horn parts and such I'll need the synth again so it's not sold!).

There are a couple of clips here (forgive the less than stellar playing... I program better than I play). Under videos, the Queensryche and Styx songs (Silent Lucidity, Suite Madame Blue) have the fake synth. The Petty song is a Dr. Z patch. The songs on the outdoor stage are not axe-fx, they are triaxis.

http://www.myspace.com/ice9sa

jojo said:
Porkchop Xpress said:
Lol! I told her I was thinking of buying a second one and she was all upset. "What, one isn't enough?!?"

My standard answer to my wife on this often-heard remark: "I may need more than one guitar/amp/gizmo/etc. but I only need one woman!" That usually helps a little bit. :mrgreen:
Very nice. I will definitely use that. :lol:

Porkchop Xpress said:
supersecretjim said:
Chop, I hate to be the one to tell you this...But.....

Your wife is cheating on you. :lol:
Its the only explanation. That kind of generosity can only be a cover up for massive guilt.

Sorry dude.
:lol: I think I'm good. She's just hedging her bets because I just agreed to have a fourth child and she just went off the pill so she's all excited about that.

Hmmm.... she wants another child so she buys you a piece of equipment which will greatly contribute to you spending much less time with her? If I give you my phone number, can you have your wife call mine to explain this logic? I really want a reactor.... :lol: :lol: :lol:

jojo said:
I started leaving the synth home recently. I was mostly doing string swells behind rhythm parts, and I came up with a crystals patch that I fade in that fakes it pretty well for art-rock type stuff that just needs some atmosphere. You really can unload a lot of gear, including a synth, if you go with an axe (depending on how extensively you use the synth...if I ever go back to doing horn parts and such I'll need the synth again so it's not sold!).

There are a couple of clips here (forgive the less than stellar playing... I program better than I play). Under videos, the Queensryche and Styx songs (Silent Lucidity, Suite Madame Blue) have the fake synth. The Petty song is a Dr. Z patch. The songs on the outdoor stage are not axe-fx, they are triaxis.

http://www.myspace.com/ice9sa

Yeah, I´ve heard the crystal patch on the Ultra. Very nice indeed. I´m not using my synth extensively yet, but am aiming for kinda Radiohead/NIN similar soundscapes, where I´m controlling most/much with my axon guitar to midi controller. Since I´m using Clavia G2 engine, a virtual modular synth (will probably never just go for horn or similar things... but never say never). I´m also able to program it into a deep synergy with the Ultra. Where depending of what I´m doing on my guitar, which the axon reads as note numbers, the synth can react in infinite ways on those note numbers and in turn transmit controller changes into my Ultra. The G2 engine can also be programmed into a drummachine/arpeggiator (that reacts onto your note number from your guitar, or volume or whatever... if you want it to). The drummachine in turn can be as an controller change sequencer transmitting into your Ultra.
If you´d like to go even more extreme, you could even control BOTH the drummachine itself and its controller change output with envelope followers as well. So if you play softly, you may have the drummachine play just a few notes (and thus transmits just a few controller change values to your Ultra, or maybe not since you are able to have a gate turning off the controller change output depending on the envelope follower). Play harder and the drummachine/arpeggiator suddenly starts playing the full bar or whatever lenght you´d programmed it to be. All while you also controlling which key the drummachine/arpeggiator will play in. Haven´t hooked it all up but as you can imagine, some pretty mindblowing stuff can be achieved! :ugeek:

My problem now is to choose what FRFR speaker I´ll go for. I´ll need two at least for stereo/dual mono setup. The atomic reactor FR looks nice, and probably sounds super. My biggest grip is that i wanted to go Ultra/FRFR so I could avoid tube amps (have two now in a dual mono setup) and the maintenance of them. And I don´t know if the reactor FR are able to go into really sub low frequencies...

So right now, I´m pending between accugroove or atomic reactor FR. Two of each would be nice, but that´s A LOT of money! :shock: :shock: :shock:

/Mike

Wait!!! I'll trade you one of my kids for the new Reactor -- shoot, if you'll take both, I'll buy you TWO Reactors -- and that will make you AND your wife happy! :lol:

Back
Top Bottom