Guthrie Govan's Gear Stolen in Italy

mgavin

Experienced
Guthrie Govan's Erotic Cakes band (Guthrie, Seth & Pete) had the entire contents of their gear van stolen while on tour in Rome. Guthrie has written a personal appeal for help in getting the stuff back. Please check it out and do what you can - share this online via social media, etc - and if you're in Italy, please keep an eye out!

Here's the link (it's a MySpace blog): An appeal for your help, after a recent van break-in in Rome :-( by GUTHRIE GOVAN on Myspace

please email shon@suhrguitars.com if you have any info.

Last edited:
he and dave still have their guitars at least! the list of gear stolen is detailed in his post...

Last edited:
Really makes me mad tho to know that a musician working hard to make an honest day's living has to suffer at the hands of some selfish bastards. Hope they not only find the gear back, but the idiots who did it!

I really hope that italian police will find all his gear....
I'll keep my eyes open to find out something that can help

Last edited:
Thieves that steal musicians' gear make me sick. It's not like musicians have the money to burn, most touring bands eek out a living as is. I hope they get it all back, but doubt it will happen. I hope they were properly insured. I am and I'm just a local schmoe.

I am Italian, and I am a big fan of Guthrie.
I am ashamed for what has happened.
I hope that the gear is recovered, and the thieves punished!

Sorry to read that news. I hope that the internet communities can help these guys and I wish them every scrap of luck that comes their way in recovering their gear. Chins up lads, we are rooting for justice on your behalf.

I just wish I could find a copy of Erotic Cakes! Hard as shit to find and when you do it's like $50!

Aww Bummer! Worst nightmare...!!!! I just hope he will get his stuff back!! And wouldnt blame the nationality it can happen anywere!

I just wish I could find a copy of Erotic Cakes! Hard as shit to find and when you do it's like $50!

Whoa. That's the first time when I bought a CD and its value actually went up over time. Prices on Amazon start at $90!

By the way, if you guys haven't heard yet, Guthrie teamed up with Bryan Beller and Marco Minnemann and released an album recently. Buy it from their site directly so that the guys get all the money, and not a measly 30% or less. Uncompressed and DRM-free.

The Aristocrats :: Store

Back
Top Bottom