Guthrie Govan using an FM9

I saw the Aristocrats this week in Austin. Guthrie indeed is playing an FM9.

Before the show I emailed him (he’s a customer) and he replied today and told me one sound he is using is based on the HBE v1 from my LiveGold TonePack, with fat switch and his own mods. That made me very happy! I believe @Admin M@ also assisted him get the FM9 set up for his tour.

He is one of the nicest cats I’ve met in this business. The show was a blast. Dinosaur and Bad Asteroid were standouts to me.

Makes me wanna buy his signature Charvel guitar!

E362406D-227B-4491-9E05-D0F5993384FE.jpeg

Last edited:

Before the show I emailed him (he’s a customer) and he replied today and told me one sound he is using is based on the HBE v1 from my LiveGold TonePack, with fat switch and his own mods. That made me very happy! I believe @Admin M@ also assisted him get the FM9 set up for his tour.

He is one of the nicest cats I’ve met in this business. The show was a blast. Dinosaur and Bad Asteroid were standouts to me.

View attachment 104961
The usa model and the MJ are great. If you are interested let me know I can help you with a contact. Which patch are you referring to...I would dig getting it...

View attachment 104961

I know what u mean. 😉

Attachments

• F943B15D-5976-4B0E-812F-DF5262EBEB8E.jpeg
    F943B15D-5976-4B0E-812F-DF5262EBEB8E.jpeg
    3.1 MB · Views: 31
It's a basswood body with an ash top...

Not sure if that's what you meant?
What he means is that it an ash veneer instead of a top like the US models that is how they saved some money on this one. But the basswood is what he was going for anyway tone wise. We have three here at the studio and they are killer. I can basically cover anything with it. The US models are great but to be honest the MJ is my favorite by far next to the maple top for sound.

What he means is that it an ash veneer instead of a top like the US models that is how they saved some money on this one. But the basswood is what he was going for anyway tone wise. We have three here at the studio and they are killer. I can basically cover anything with it. The US models are great but to be honest the MJ is my favorite by far next to the maple top for sound.
That's what I was thinking.

The description on the website doesn't say that which seems a bit misleading.

It literally says:

a San Dimas® basswood body with an ash top

@hippietim and I happened to run into him as he was arriving at the venue and I asked him about the MJ and he's using one live as well as a US model (you probably already know that), so obviously it's good enough for him...

But in my opinion "an ash top" and "an ash veneer" are 2 very different things.

Back
Top Bottom