Guthrie Govan using an FM9

That's what I was thinking.

The description on the website doesn't say that which seems a bit misleading.

It literally says:

@hippietim and I happened to run into him as he was arriving at the venue and I asked him about the MJ and he's using one live as well as a US model (you probably already know that), so obviously it's good enough for him...

But in my opinion "an ash top" and "an ash veneer" are 2 very different things.
Yes they are. It is pretty typical of the Japanese/Ibanez factory guitars. I think they wanted to make it look slightly different than the AZ. Not sure. However tonally it is great and worth the extra savings. Some good uogrades too.

I used my Xitone with my AX8 prior to getting my FM9, and the latter pairs up beautifully with the Xitone. As seen in the Guthrie video. It's definitely interesting to see this is what GG is using on this tour. His sounds & ideas are extremely cool, as far as the Xitone goes, I'm a witness.

I used my Xitone with my AX8 prior to getting my FM9, and the latter pairs up beautifully with the Xitone. As seen in the Guthrie video. It's definitely interesting to see this is what GG is using on this tour. His sounds & ideas are extremely cool, as far as the Xitone goes, I'm a witness.
Curious how he got his sequencer effect tone? Along with his zappa flange effect and that cool whammy synth sound he did?

The one where he was using an expression pedal to morph between scenes is the one I want to figure out, but yeah. He was getting some really cool stuff in several of his presets.

Here’s some videos of The Aristocrats playing in Phoenix at The Rhythm Room. Guthrie’s FM9 is visible the whole time and is representin’ beautifully!

And…

And in Mexico …

And elsewhere …

Last edited:
Saw Guthrie with the Aristocrats in Vancouver last night.

Great show! Guthrie's tones sounded amazing using the FM9.
Would love to get my hands on those patches someday!

An old one....but he was using two EV-1's on the gig. He went out with an EV1 for volume and a EV-2 for wah and expression but the EV-2 either got broken or left somewhere....not exactly sure but it was "misplaced" somehow.

Back
Top Bottom