Guthrie Govan Leaves Suhr!!! :S....

immortal_soloist

Power User
So I have heard John Suhr confirming that Guthrie is no more with Suhr. I wonder why though,
the guitars are fantastic,I have also heard that he has been playing Charvels quiet recently.

So odd.... Any comments on this matter guys.

If this is true, then most likely a better endorsement deal.
Exactly that's what I was thinking. I am about to get my Suhr 7 string in some months and the some of the specs are very similar to the Govan model and it's a 7. But would miss Guthrie with Suhr,I always wanted a 6 string Suhr Guthrie model guess that dream is gone.

Ok, I see which brand is he using now ? I have seen him using Ibanez and Vigier in the past also.

What I like about Guthrie, is not his playing as much as his slightly eccentric English humour and use of language. Great player also.

Ok, I see which brand is he using now ? I have seen him using Ibanez and Vigier in the past also.

What I like about Guthrie, is not his playing as much as his slightly eccentric English humour and use of language. Great player also.
He is a phenomenal guitar player. Have met him twice great fellow.

I don't know anything about this particular relationship, but it is not uncommon for artists to constantly be tinkering with their signature models, often to the point where company is using up too much time and resources on an artist who's sales do not justify such a commitment.

He has always been so adamant about the quality of Suhr guitars, I guess exclusivity wasn't part of that equation, bummer to see him leave I'm sure Charvel guitars should treat him well.

Interesting..... I find Suhr to be an awesome choice for his style and playing. I am a Charvel player myself and cant picture him playing a Charvel for some reason...? Wondering if there is a new model in the works...if in fact he is going to Charvel. Both great companies, but if I pictured him playing one or the other it would be a Suhr.

Back
Top Bottom