Guitar Wing!!!

Very cool idea!

Regarding the Axe Fx 2 specifically, is there a wireless receiver that plugs into the MIDI or USB input or how would the Guitar Wing communicate with it?

Just wondering because I have a Liquid Foot controller already connected via MIDI, but would really like to add the Guitar Wing as well.

Thanks.

I saw this earlier today and thought it would be cool to use with Ableton Live. Hopefully it gets funded so I can get one to mess with.

I should have a prototype just after NAMM and will report back. I'm excited to hook this up to the AXE 2 and see what it can do!

Any update on this?

I was searching around online for a new MIDI keyboard controller and came across the Guitar Wing. I figured someone from the FAS forum has already discovered this.

Anyone beta test this with the Axe-Fx II? Anyone know if it will have to be used with a computer or will it have a receiver with MIDI Outs that I can connect to my Axe-Fx II or MFC-101 MIDI Input? This is definitely going on my shopping list!

I've got one in my hands now...trying to figure out programing using ableton live and midi pipe. I'll keep ya'll posted as to my progress. For the unit itself...I just received it from the guys at Livid...way cool=)!!! more soon.

I've got one too, but I'm waiting for the editor to come out. The Guitar Wing has issues between CC or midi Notes when mapping in Ableton. Looking forward to really putting it to work in the future!

A fellow Texan! I stopped by livid and the guys said the editor should be ready in a couple of weeks! Hopefully that is the case, the guitar wing is a sweet piece of gear and just needs some final tweaking to be great.

Waiting on the editor too. For now, I've used MidiPipe to map the faders, pads, and XYZ accelerometer to external controls 3-12. Going to try and figure outs some uses for it!

I've got one of these but I can't yet do a demo as they did not include a USB MIDI Host.
Too bad. I think some of our effect oriented artists would really love geeking out on this.

Were you guys that have it in hand part of the kick starter? I ordered mine through Sweetwater just after the kick starter closed and it was supposed to be here many weeks ago but but the release was delayed several times. I suppose I should be getting a call shortly. This thing could be really useful for me since I cannot use pedals.

I already ordered and received my USB MIDI host from Kenton in preparation.

zVw2HLD.jpg

Last edited:
Yes I was in the kickstarter. Ah I see what you mean by MIDI host now. Since I am using it with my Mac, the Mac (and MidiPipe) work as the Midi host. Note that the editor is not released yet, so you will need to either change the AFX mappings (which I don't like to do) or using something to remap the messages (which MidiPipe does) for now.

Additional note since you can't use pedals: the 8 toggle buttons send note on/off data. Useless to the axe with an editor of MIDI translator, I believe. None of the buttons send program changes, so you want be changing patches either until the editor is out. Word in the street (the Livid forum) is that's a couple of weeks away.

Yes I was in the kickstarter. Ah I see what you mean by MIDI host now. Since I am using it with my Mac, the Mac (and MidiPipe) work as the Midi host. Note that the editor is not released yet, so you will need to either change the AFX mappings (which I don't like to do) or using something to remap the messages (which MidiPipe does) for now.

Correct. I wanted the USB MIDI host so I would have the flexibility of being computer free. I have no issues waiting for the editor.

Last edited:
I ordered one from Livid's webstore about three weeks ago and received it about 2 weeks later. I'm waiting for a usb host and the editor also.

I like the idea but I think it looks like crap.

I'd love to get something along the lines of this that would just have four or so buttons so I could do preset/scene switching. Even better would be something discreet that would integrate with the pickup selector so that I could do scene selection and pickup selection in one movement.

Last edited:
Managed to remap this with Bome Midi Translator. The sliders now mapped to external controller 2-4 and the pads to external controller 5-8. I'm toying with the idea of putting the motion sensor to external controllers 9-11.

The buttons on the top and side select scenes 1-8, while the arrow keys are mapped to vol increment/decrement.

So far so good, trying to fund a practical use the the sliders, but for now it's fun walking around practicing with the wireless and being able to switch tones. :)

Back
Top Bottom