Guitar Rig Upgrade Path

Guitar Rig Upgrade

• Get another Atomic CLR active wedge and be able to play 2 amps / 2 cabinets through my Axe FX II (1

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Get a passive Atomic wedge with a power amp and be able to play 2 amps / 2 cabinets through my Axe

• Sell my wedge and get studio monitors (Adam AX series) and be able to play 2 amps / 2 cabinets throu

• I should be able to make a single active Wedge work for a bedroom rig.

Votes: 1 100.0%
  • Other.

• Total voters

JROCKTION

Hello all, I was hoping to get advice on upgrading my rig. I currently have an Atomic CLR active wedge and was wondering what the next upgrade should be. I am trying to get a Drop A Impending Doom/Nile real aggressive rig sound for a bedroom. I have a drop A Ibanez baritone Iron Label RGIB6 with a Fishman Killswitch Engage bridge pickup and a Horizon Devices Precision Drive.

1) Get another Atomic CLR active wedge and be able to play 2 amps / 2 cabinets through my Axe FX II (1 100% left and 1 100% right).

2) Get a passive Atomic wedge with a power amp and be able to play 2 amps / 2 cabinets through my Axe FX II (1 100% left and 1 100% right).

3) Sell my wedge and get studio monitors (Adam AX series) and be able to play 2 amps / 2 cabinets through my Axe FX II (1 100% left and 1 100% right).

4) I should be able to make a single active Wedge work for a bedroom rig.

5) Other.

I just tried to upload a .flac sample of the rig recorded with a Heil PR20 but it was considered an invalid file type. I will try to upload the sound clip again. Thanks all.

I'm not happy with the Adam AX.

Personally, I would get another active CLR. If you're happy with the one you have now, two will sound glorious. They also make good studio reference monitors, albeit bulky. But you can also get creative with placement because they can be pole mounted.

I have a pair of active CLRs and have run them in stereo just for fun. Magnificent. I don't normally run them this way though, since my gigging presets are setup for mono.

edit:
WTF lol my first sentence. I meant to say I'm not familiar with the Adam AX.

Last edited:
Depends on your needs. If you have room in your bedroom, a second CLR would be lovely. If you need to free up some space in that bedroom, a pair of studio monitors would be lovely.

P.S.: you can still play two amps and two cabs at once with what you have now.

Back
Top Bottom