Wish Guitar Input Profiles

Philo

this suggests a potentially interesting new feature: the ability to set up guitar input profiles customized for each guitar that would adjust impedance, volume boost/cut, maybe EQ, and possibly compression to get each guitar to a similar place to work well with stock presets.

so I’d use my strat guitar input profile to boost the input level, add a gate to deal with the hum, and perhaps a little EQ or compressor because I like that with a strat.

I could use my Les Paul guitar input profile to cut the input level a little, no gate because of the humbuckers, and a different EQ profile.

The guitars would still sound different through the same presets, but instead of editing ALL the presets to work with a different guitar, you would just switch between guitar profiles to get to a nominal level and get most of the way there really quickly.

Could also be useful for applications like an acoustic, piezo pickups, guitars with multiple outputs from different pickups, etc.

Easiest is to just build separate presets for different guitars.
Another way would be to use channels on the input block for different guitar settings.

The point is to not have to rework a bunch of factory presets and have two (or more) copies for multiple guitars.

But the idea to use channels on the input block is a good one. In principle, you could set the input block to accommodate a couple different guitars, save that to the block library, and then copy the modified input block into all the presets. I believe there‘s a way to do that as a mass operation in recent versions of the editor software.

I’ll play with that and see.

thanks for the tip!

Personally I just don't bother with adjustments beyond setting the input level for my guitar with highest output pickups. If I use a single coil guitar I might adjust the noise gate a bit if I can be bothered. I think it works well enough.

If global blocks can be used for the input block, that would be a good way to configure them across presets.

Back
Top Bottom