Guitar input into ultra

Beyond

Just got my first new to me axe fx ultra and making my transition from my old road worthy rack set up to the new slim down version!

Are there any tonal differences between using the front input vs using the back? All cables in the rack are in the back and I was hoping to use that as long as there are no differences.

Thanks

Yes, there is a significant difference.
The front input adds what is called " special sauce " by Fractal Audio.
Is there a reason you can't just plug in front ? All output cables will still be in the back of rack.

I was afraid of that...lol. I am trying to condense my rack from old school 14 slot full to about a 6 thanks to the axe and have no blank to bring a cable through.

If it makes that much of a difference will have to bump up the rack with a couple of blanks for patching. Gear is at the jam hall so hard to mess with it as we usually jam steady...so a little at a time as I'm just trying to make things mesh right now.

Thanks much appreciated.

Are there any tonal differences between using the front input vs using the back?

Not really unless you drive it into clipping. The front input has a soft-clipping circuit that should sound more pleasant if overdriven, unlike the rear. The other "special sauce" aspect is a noise-reduction scheme. If you stay out of clipping levels and don't find the rear input to be noisy, don't worry too much about missing anything tone-wise.

Reactions: Rex
I will...LikeI said above my gear is at the jam hall...just trying to get an idea before patching. Thanks though.

Back
Top Bottom