Guitar Cab Guys, what kind of cabs are you using?

Dr. Willy

I am thinking about picking up a new cab. Right now i have a 4x12 mesa boogie os recto cab i am using with my axe fx. I was looking at trying a 4x12 marshall style cab with 2 v30s and 2 greenbacks in it ala the friedman cabs.

What is everyone else using?

Voodoo amps 4x12 and Avatar contemporary 4x12 both with v30s and 75s in an X pattern. By far my favorite speaker combos

Also have a Mesa 4x12 with v30s and i agree it's pretty bassy

I've got a 4x12 Recto cab (it's SUPPOSED to be bassy!), and an Avatar Vintage oversized open-back 2x12 with a V30 and a G12H30 in it. Love 'em both!

Bang for the buck, definitely check out Avatar. Good stuff, and Dave is great to work with!

Currently running a recto 2x12 with the stock V30's. Love this cab, especially with darker sounding amps. I wanna pick up a Greenback or G12H30 loaded 2x12 to go with it, and run 2 different amps and get a nice blend of both to fill out my sound

I am running a Stage Craft Heirloom diagonal 2x12 with a pair of 65W Scumback M75-LHDC speakers. Sounds great.

I'm using a Port City OS 1x12 with an ASW Crossroads (a high powered Greenback type speaker). The speaker needs to be broken in bigtime, but I always think about an EV12L. Nice compact and good sounding cabs.

So far in this thread, everybody is using Celestion type speakers, V30's, Greenbacks, G12H30.

Has anybody tried Fender/American type speakers for classic Fender clean type sounds?

I use a GENZ BENZ G-FLEX 2 x 12 loaded with 400watt Eminence Pro Delta A's. Pretty flat response speakers and the cab is oversized and ported. Cab is very easy to pick up due to the Genz Benz handles....very unique! I came from using a Marshall 4 x 12 and this thing is as loud, but smaller and lighter. No more 4 x 12's for me ever!

So far in this thread, everybody is using Celestion type speakers, V30's, Greenbacks, G12H30.

Has anybody tried Fender/American type speakers for classic Fender clean type sounds?

I run with the stock WGS Two-Rock.in a 1x12 combo as well as a 2x12 with Celestion g1265s. I dig them both!

Im using 2 carvin 412's one with vintage 30's and one with 70/80s. they sound really different and i like the mix!

I use a GENZ BENZ G-FLEX 2 x 12 loaded with 400watt Eminence Pro Delta A's. Pretty flat response speakers and the cab is oversized and ported. Cab is very easy to pick up due to the Genz Benz handles....very unique! I came from using a Marshall 4 x 12 and this thing is as loud, but smaller and lighter. No more 4 x 12's for me ever!

I used to gig with one of those. Great cab! Fit great in my Mustang and sounded like a 4x12.

Currently running a recto 2x12 with the stock V30's. Love this cab, especially with darker sounding amps. I wanna pick up a Greenback or G12H30 loaded 2x12 to go with it, and run 2 different amps and get a nice blend of both to fill out my sound
^^^ this! I also run a Recto 2X12 and I love it with the Mesa models but when I create JVM/Marshall/HBE/Slo patches with cabs I almost always use somethign other than a V30 cab.
I have a Carvin Legacy 2X12 but that also has V30's in it. I'm thinking about pulling the speakers and loading something else in there.
I'd like to find out what is the most "neutral" sound 'regular" type of guitar speaker out there and throw them into the Carvin cab. Cl80s? maybe.
Still waiting for Atomic and MAtrix to show us what they've got coming FRFR may be the best answer for me.

Back
Top Bottom