Guess who's artist is getting an Axe-Fx???..

unscarred

Experienced
...Marco Sfogli! he said on his forum that he's getting one soon.

check out his album 'There's Hope' if u haven't already. his melodies are really good. it's like a mix of John Petrucci and Andy Timmons.

hope to see him on Artist's page.

Very cool. Marco is responsible for my single all time favorite lead tone (on the song "Andromeda" from TH), which I have pretty much nailed with the Axe FX.

he worked w/ James Labrie's(Dream Theater) solo record 'elements of persuasion'. he's an Italian solo artist.here's a song 'still hurts' off his There's Hope album.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ve0shUxbrp4

shredi knight said:
Very cool. Marco is responsible for my single all time favorite lead tone (on the song "Andromeda" from TH), which I have pretty much nailed with the Axe FX.

i really dig all the tracks on that album.but i gotta say i really like the 'spread the disease' & 'still hurts' the most.his tone is indeed amazing.

electronpirate said:
I AM ABSOLUTELY NOT BEING INSULTING.

Who is this? I can google, yes, but can anyone give me a litany of his work?

He´s nobody.. just another Petrucci clone. And I really dont want to be insulting as well.. imho even Petrucci is overrated go figure!
There are already tons of good guitar players using the Axe.. think Greg Howe or many members on this forum

markm said:
He´s nobody.. just another Petrucci clone. And I really dont want to be insulting as well.. imho even Petrucci is overrated go figure!

You really don't want to be insulting? Really? :?

Sfogli is a great player. A monster. As is Petrucci.

shredi knight said:

Would you mind sharing this patch, please?

Jim said:
Thanks for sharing, this guy is great. I enjoy his playing very much.
+1
Not just a fast progression of notes, he's got the feeling.
I had the pleasure to hear him at the italian NAMM, Really impressive !

markm said:
electronpirate said:

There are already tons of good guitar players using the Axe.. think Greg Howe or many members on this forum

Damn man, that's cold! :( I didn't really dig the clips that were posted, but the guy can play his ass off.

ElectricPhase said:
markm said:
electronpirate said:

Damn man, that's cold! :( I didn't really dig the clips that were posted, but the guy can play his ass off.

troll post i guess. :roll:

here's another vid of 'still hurts' played by Rick Graham

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cKfml83Pvhw

shredi knight said:
So this led me to say that you'll be kind enough to send me that patch when I'll get the Ultra... :D

Marco

Marco Sfogli said:
[quote="shredi knight":sbe248wv]Very cool. Marco is responsible for my single all time favorite lead tone (on the song "Andromeda" from TH), which I have pretty much nailed with the Axe FX.
So this led me to say that you'll be kind enough to send me that patch when I'll get the Ultra... :D

Marco[/quote:sbe248wv]

Welcome. I was just listening to elements of Persuasion. Awesome stuff. Can't wait to hear what you do with the Ultra.

Marco Sfogli said:
[quote="shredi knight":2ctkggbt]Very cool. Marco is responsible for my single all time favorite lead tone (on the song "Andromeda" from TH), which I have pretty much nailed with the Axe FX.

Marco[/quote:2ctkggbt]

:eek:
Welcome. i'm glad to see u here.
so,when are wh gonna expect the next album to come out? :D

javajunkie said:
Marco Sfogli said:
[quote="shredi knight":1tshi7f8]Very cool. Marco is responsible for my single all time favorite lead tone (on the song "Andromeda" from TH), which I have pretty much nailed with the Axe FX.

Marco

Welcome. I was just listening to elements of Persuasion. Awesome stuff. Can't wait to hear what you do with the Ultra.[/quote:1tshi7f8]
Thanks Sean, can't wait to hear what I can do with the Ultra actually :D
:eek:
Welcome. i'm glad to see u here.
so,when are wh gonna expect the next album to come out? :D
I'm writing stuff now, there are no deadlines yet. I wish very very soon :p

Marco

I have a question actually, almost forgot to ask...since I almost record all the rhythm and lead tracks in mono without fx's printed on the same dry track, would be possible with the Axe's ins and outs capabilities to track at the same time the dry sound on one track and the totally wet stereo fx's on a stereo track?

Marco Sfogli said:
[quote="shredi knight":2doxxxeu]Very cool. Marco is responsible for my single all time favorite lead tone (on the song "Andromeda" from TH), which I have pretty much nailed with the Axe FX.

Marco[/quote:2doxxxeu]

Geez man, get your own tone!!!! :lol:

Sure, I would be happy to send it to you and see how you like it. On my personal setup (Axe FX into 2 Dynaudio Bm5a active studio monitors), it sounds really close. Close enough that I think the only things missing are your guitar and your hands. :D

I really do love that lead tone on "Andromeda". I often put "There's Hope" in and listen to it just to hear the gorgeous tone on that song. My only complaint about your CD is that you only used it (a Mesa Studio Preamp into a 2:90 power amp, for anyone curious) for that one song. I read on your forum where you said that for the most part, the rest of the lead tones were different amp sim plug-ins. Small complaint though, it's a fantastic CD. I'm really looking forward to the follow-up.

Marco Sfogli said:
I have a question actually, almost forgot to ask...since I almost record all the rhythm and lead tracks in mono without fx's printed on the same dry track, would be possible with the Axe's ins and outs capabilities to track at the same time the dry sound on one track and the totally wet stereo fx's on a stereo track?

Yes, split the signal in the axe-fx before the effects and route it out output 2 (just use one output for mono).

Back
Top Bottom