GT800FX (HYPE???)

I think it's important to be aware that "Tube" power amps will color the sound in some fashion [due to the inherent nature of tubes] and Solid State (SS) amps tend not to.
If you are experiencing sound coloration while using an SS amp, then your tone is being impacted by either the EQ in the preset OR the speakers in the Cab you are using. If the cab is FRFR, then likely it is your preset structure/settings.
I'm not sure this is generally true. I've never seen any device not altering the input signal. In the Hi-Fi world, were seeking transparency and linearity is the word, you easily see that every single SS amp has its own sound and personality.
What I'd rather say is that, generally, tube amps share a personality on their own and that we, living in a SS world, have probably got accustomed to identify the SS sound with the sound.
:)

I think you should try both before selling either. Most love the matrix, but some like the Mesa. Apples and oranges, and you should try both before making a conclusion, which is entirely subjective, and should not be based off Internet posts.

That being said, I bet you keep the matrix :p

You got it pa!!!! BUT He might even keep the Mesa if it's his cup of tea after trying it...never know.

The thing that bothers me the most are people that would knock down a piece of gear before they even try it. I have being guilty of this myself through the years...(It's call ex-peculation) just because a person has some experience with other gear and or have engineering or building gear experience doesn't mean they are right all the time. No matter who said it!!!! GOT TO TRY AND LISTEN TO THE GEAR BEFORE KNOCKING IT DOWN!!!!

I think you should try both before selling either. Most love the matrix, but some like the Mesa. Apples and oranges, and you should try both before making a conclusion, which is entirely subjective, and should not be based off Internet posts.

That being said, I bet you keep the matrix :p

You guys have a point!
I have bought so much gear and have sold so much gear these past several years.
Amps, guitars etc.

I just have to scrape up enough to get the Matrix first I guess. I was hoping the Mesa would pay for it.
Honestly because the Mesa weighs a million pounds, I think I would sacrifice just a little tone for the Matrix taking into account the weight issues. I am so sick of lugging around my rack case.

I bought the Axe FXII without trying anything and never turned back! Now my Peavey JSX head must go!
I have gotten rid of so many amps in the last couple years from Mesa, Line 6, Marshall, and the list goes on.
Trying to simplify my rig as much as I can :)

Sell the JSX - buy the Matrix. Tweek you patches to suit (dont expect the same patches to sound the same on the Mesa and Matrix). Choose which amp you want to keep based on sound AND weight - sell the one you dont want.

paulmapp8306 it's right you would have to tweak patches to compare if you get it.

Sell the JSX - buy the Matrix. Tweek you patches to suit (dont expect the same patches to sound the same on the Mesa and Matrix). Choose which amp you want to keep based on sound AND weight - sell the one you dont want.

Right now I have the poweramp sims turned off with the 2:90.
If I use the Matrix I would assume that I would turn the poweramp sims back on since it is a flat sounding poweramp correct? Then tweak from there since the Axe has great modeling for this.

Haven't been successful in selling the JSX yet :(

I might be interested in your Matrix, how much would you be parting with it for?

Back
Top Bottom