GT1000FX 2U shut off after two seconds and didn't turn back on... wtf?

Invidious

K so, I used my power amp at home in mono bridged through my 2x12, it was fine, then tonight I went to jam and put it stereo through a 16 ohm cab, immediately it went into protection mode and shut off. Understandable, I made a mistake so I know why it shut off but it wouldn't turn back on, nothing I did could get it to turn back on. I am REALLY bummed about it because I JUST got this power amp. I don't even see a fuse anywhere to replace. My last power amp was an Alesis and it would clip and shut off at times but it would turn right back on after a min or less. The matrix,,, dead.

What do I do? What do I try? etc?

Took off the lid, found a fuse. Ill replace it tomorrow.

Question though. For a 16ohm cab, can I only run it in mono bridged? I looked all over the unit and didnt see anything about ohmage :S

You can run it bridged or only A/B for 16ohms (the bridged mode requires 8ohms or more). The Matrix support is superb so I recommend contacting them if you're problems continue.

K so, I used my power amp at home in mono bridged through my 2x12, it was fine, then tonight I went to jam and put it stereo through a 16 ohm cab, immediately it went into protection mode and shut off. Understandable, I made a mistake so I know why it shut off but it wouldn't turn back on, nothing I did could get it to turn back on. I am REALLY bummed about it because I JUST got this power amp. I don't even see a fuse anywhere to replace. My last power amp was an Alesis and it would clip and shut off at times but it would turn right back on after a min or less. The matrix,,, dead.

What do I do? What do I try? etc?

When you hooked up both outputs to the cab in stereo mode, was the cab in stereo mode as well or in mono mode? If the amp is in bridged mode and hooked up in stereo you'll get some phasing/sound issues but nothing that will cause the amp to fail. If the unit is not powering back on, check the internal fuse located inside the unit near the rear power connector and replace if necessary. By all means give us a shout at support@matrixamplification.com for any other troubleshooting you may need us to go through.

I had it in parallel mode, my cab doesnt have a switch, just has two inputs, nothing written on the inputs so I assumed it'd be fine. It's ok, I am just going to run it in bridged and one input. I was running it for a week or so through my 2x12 but the 2x12 has all the inputs marked clearly. 8ohms stereo R, 8ohms stereo L and 16ohms mono. The Rev cab has two inputs but only says 16 ohms in the middle of the two inputs, nothing else.

I bought some new fuses, going to give it a whirl today to see what's up, if it happens again then I will give you guys a shout and see what's up.

I would seriously give Matrix a call or mail. A blown fuse could be a bad load between the amp and cab - but also a circuit-problem. And nothing worse is problems at a gig.
Be 100% safe...

I had it in parallel mode, my cab doesnt have a switch, just has two inputs, nothing written on the inputs so I assumed it'd be fine. It's ok, I am just going to run it in bridged and one input. I was running it for a week or so through my 2x12 but the 2x12 has all the inputs marked clearly. 8ohms stereo R, 8ohms stereo L and 16ohms mono. The Rev cab has two inputs but only says 16 ohms in the middle of the two inputs, nothing else.

I bought some new fuses, going to give it a whirl today to see what's up, if it happens again then I will give you guys a shout and see what's up.

Is it an Orange cab by any chance?

Having a quick look at the cab and it looks like it isn't actually a stereo cab. It's a mono cab with a parallel input which will also acts as a linked output for daisy chaining cabs together. You'll need to contact us on the support email.

Back
Top Bottom