Bug? Grid Navigation Mode

yek

Contact Fractal for your Custom Title
@Michael Pickens

I can activate Grid Navigation Mode, but as soon as I move a block, row or column, its quits. As I remember it didn't used to do that.

For me, moving a block causes the dashed yellow rectangle to disappear, but it doesn't actually exit Grid Navigation Mode.

For me, moving a block causes the dashed yellow rectangle to disappear, but it doesn't actually exit Grid Navigation Mode.

Rex, how can you tell?

In Grid Navigation Mode, the editor doesn't fetch the block data from the hardware, making it operate faster to allow fast grid layout editing.

Currently, after a single Block Move operation, the editor starts to fetch and display block data again, so it has exited that mode, I think. This makes the mode useless.

Rex, how can you tell?

In Grid Navigation Mode, the editor doesn't fetch the block data from the hardware, making it operate faster to allow fast grid layout editing.

Currently, after a single Block Move operation, the editor starts to fetch and display block data again, so it has exited that mode, I think. This makes the mode useless.
You're right. I was using wrong criteria to determine that Grid Nav was still in effect.

Bug confirmed.

What are the steps to reproduce this reported bug? I don't understand.

What are the steps to reproduce this reported bug? I don't understand.

From Axe-Edit's 3.13.0 (2017) Release Notes:

Grid Navigation Mode allows the keyboard up/down/left/right keys to move freely throughout the grid. When Grid Navigation Mode is enabled, the grid will be highlighted with a dashed yellow rectangle. In Grid Navigation Mode selected blocks will not query and display their associated parameters. However, keyboard shortcuts such as SPACE and X will allow block states to be toggled.
Grid Navigation Mode will remain enabled while blocks are inserted, connected, or scenes are changed (either by keyboard shortcuts or buttons) for quick preset building. Grid Navigation Mode also remains enabled during preset changing, saving, and other operations until explicitly turned off.

When I enable Grid Navigation Mode (Command-Shift-G), and disconnect a single block, the mode is exited. Also, the mode exits immediately when I move a block. I think that Grid Navigation Mode should survive these actions. Otherwise, it hasn't really any use anymore.

I like Grid Navigation Mode but probably no one uses it because it's totally hidden.

Back
Top Bottom