Greg Howe patches?

VidarAus

Experienced
Anyone have any Greg Howe patches (any era) for the III? Not much on Axechange or in searching the forum so thought I would ask.

Anyone familiar with his (past) rigs provide details in gear of where to start?

Thanks!

Compressor, tube screamer, slight delay before amp, Cornford head at break up, 4x12 cab.
Rather dark tone.

He had a 1x12 cab at home that he could record with.

uncertain terms is in the top ten of my favorite all time instrumental albums, but he has a lot of great music out there - he used an Axe Ultra at one time, there's a youtube video with him talking about it.

uncertain terms is in the top ten of my favorite all time instrumental albums, but he has a lot of great music out there - he used an Axe Ultra at one time, there's a youtube video with him talking about it.
most of the Greg Howe early cds are awesome,my favorite is the Introspection cd,i still remember when i bought the Introspection cd it blow my brain out,awesome cd.

Thanks for all the discussion and tips here. I switched gears slightly and pulled together a Guthrie Goven patch which also has a bit of a Greg Howe vibe:

https://forum.fractalaudio.com/threads/guthrie-govan-ish-live-sound-patch-included.154449/

Could probably tweak this to make it even darker/rounder and get closer to Greg Howe later tones. Listening back to his earlier albums he had more of a Jason Becker type tone, a bit more shrill for lack of a better word (don’t get me wrong, love his earlier tones). Sounds maybe a super overdrive or something ( the yellow boss pedal - used to have one but not sure if I have remembered the name correctly).

I was a big fan of the Howe II band with his brother Al on vocals back in the day...

His more recent band Maragold is great.

His tone on that album is definitely not "dark". I believe he was using a signature series DV Mark amp for that.

I've only heard a few samples of his fusion stuff but enjoyed it. I should add some to my catalog!

Back
Top Bottom